Go Boats in Birmingham

Heartland

Featured Posts

I was wondering how safe the Go Boat is in view of the lack of experience of the hirer or even the staff. From the few examples of boats moving there is seemingly a lack of understanding of rules.

May be the CRT at fault for not monitoring their use, that is of course if they have the staff to do so. They are unconcerned about the actions of some cyclists who still choose to speed along the central towpaths in the city despite the crowds visiting the Commonwealth Games.

We almost T-boned one a few weeks ago. We were, fortunately slowly, approaching Worcester bar, as there was a boat coming through when the numpty in the go boat reversed out in front of both of us. He knew we were there cos he'd seen us, but clearly thought he could just jump out in front of us and we'd both stop for him.

I think the young lady from go boat who was responsible for looking after the moored ones there might have guessed we were both less than impressed because we both made very similar unprintable comments. I did wonder what would have been left if the thing had got squashed between us and the oncoming narrowboat.

Then when we got further down there were 2 of the things moored up in the winding hole at the Vale!

Have to say though, probably no worse than the current craze for inflatable SUP's that really don't have a clue or any directional stability either.

Edited by gatekrash