CROPREDY CAR PARKING QUESTION

Athy

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, Athy said:

Thanks, we usually do - and this year looks set to be the first one in a long time for which we shan't need waterproof clothing!

I did, I think, explain the need for a temporary boaters' car5 park three or four posts ago.

yes you did, I think, explain clearly the general need to take both a car and a boat to the festival. 

But it’s still quiet odd that boaters require their own car park. 

Ain’t there a general make shift car park for the weekend that boaters can use? 

6 minutes ago, Goliath said:

yes you did, I think, explain clearly the general need to take both a car and a boat to the festival. 

The official car parks don't open till Thursday morning.

44 minutes ago, Goliath said:

So boaters who either can't take the time off to boat there or just live too far away should be banned form attending.  What a nice inclusive idea.  They may as seem the case in Athy's situation have boat don there in the area but live a distance away and so need to come by car.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jerra said:

So boaters who either can't take the time off to boat there or just live too far away should be banned form attending.  What a nice inclusive idea.  They may as seem the case in Athy's situation have boat don there in the area but live a distance away and so need to come by car.

What a daft thing to say , I’d never suggest anyone should be banned from attending. 
I’m all for inclusivity. 

Don’t like exclusivism. 

7 hours ago, Athy said:

No I haven't, and thank you again for the suggestions.

But my point is that there is doubtless an official parking place for boaters, arranged and sanctioned by the festival organisers. It's just that they appear to be keeping it a secret, which doesn't help people very much.

Why don't you just go to the festival on ya boat? Park up by the bridge on the Claydon flight, then cruise back to yer mooring! 

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/08/2022 at 17:50, Athy said:

Thanks, we usually do - and this year looks set to be the first one in a long time for which we shan't need waterproof clothing!

I did, I think, explain the need for a temporary boaters' car5 park three or four posts ago.

Might see you there. For the first time we're going by campervan, having always gone by boat in previous years.

Steve

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I just looked at the lineup.

It will definitely rain because Richard Thompson is on!

That's why it rains three years out of four, then - he usually turns up either as an advertised participant or a surprise guest.

Watched good interviews last night with Sir Mick Jagger 79 and Keith Richard’s 78. 

to add: just looked on iplayer and There’s also a Ronnie Wood Interview and a reflection on the life of Charlie Watts too. 

Worth looking up if you haven’t seen them. Each an hour long. 

Edited by Goliath

14 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Nowt at all!

Just the first two easy facts I picked. 

I will look him up and have a listen later this evening. 

You will like him.  Just keep in mind as you are listening that its one man, one guitar. Some of his compositions are a bit morose but clever.

Some say he has 6 fingers on his right hand.......

• Greenie 1

23 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

You will like him.  Just keep in mind as you are listening that its one man, one guitar. Some of his compositions are a bit morose but clever.

Some say he has 6 fingers on his right hand.......

I like clever morose. 

Someone once put me on to Pentangle. But I couldn’t get in to them, did me head in. 
But when I listened to the musicians individually I thought they were brilliant. And discovered John Redburn  

and Bert Jansch. 
Same with Fairport Convention can’t listen to them as a group. But pick apart the musicians and they’re fantastic. Especially the voice of Sandy Denny. 

Stick them all together and I can’t listen. 
I must have come across Richard Thompson, I’ll have listen. 

Edited by Goliath
some obvious spelling/grammar

18 hours ago, Goliath said:

to add: just looked on iplayer and There’s also a Ronnie Wood Interview and a reflection on the life of Charlie Watts too. 

Started watching the Ronnie Wood interview last night, it’s good.

It has a few shots of his parents and boats as he talks about his upbringing.

• 1 year later...
On 03/08/2022 at 12:57, Athy said:

Well, two e-mails to the person suggested by rgreg have elicited no reply as yet. I tracked down a phone number for the Bridge Meadow caravan site, explained our situation, and a brusque voice said "We don't do parking". What a charmer.

Lots of people moor their boats in and around the village before the festival, and presumably many of them return to their boats by car. It appears that none of them belongs to CWDF, otherwise I might have found the answer by now. 

Well I'm a year late but I parked in the caravan site, got a friend in there too !

Same problem this year, phoned the caravan site but they said they need the space as some of the land is waterlogged.

Some of the leaflets say the car parks don't open until 9 am (campsites 7am).

So I'm going to need to move my car again at some point from the centre of the village, to a car park. Looks like you might get pushed to go to the School Lane car park as it might be a one way system in place which means you can't get to the other one......