Anyone in Birmingham at the moment?

harleyj

Featured Posts

Will be there tomorrow, not on boat, but just cheching that you are aware of the changes in mooring periods for the duration of the commonwealth games and of course in general Birmingham is heaving with people.  There is a CRT notice for the mooring changes.

3 hours ago, Lord Flint said:

I passed through there last night around 8pm walking from Snowhill station to New St and although there were lots of people about it I wouldn't say it was heaving... very good vibe and lots of police about - city centre has a very cosmopolitan feel to it

But what about vacant moorings?

And was Progress still tucked away on the water point at Cambrian Wharf?

There was lots of room when I came through last week, which made it very odd someone would take up the water point.  

I noticed we’re not to moor against the Flappper railings anymore. 

oh and Icknield Loop! 
that’s a shocker since I last went through town. 

57 minutes ago, Goliath said:

And was Progress still tucked away on the water point at Cambrian Wharf?

There was lots of room when I came through last week, which made it very odd someone would take up the water point.  

I noticed we’re not to moor against the Flappper railings anymore. 

oh and Icknield Loop! 
that’s a shocker since I last went through town. 

What's worse in the Icknield Loop is apparently the company doing the development have gone bust so the works have now stopped with just the one section of redevelopment done.

16 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

What's worse in the Icknield Loop is apparently the company doing the development have gone bust so the works have now stopped with just the one section of redevelopment done.

Well at least they got the mooring rings in

3 hours ago, Rob-M said:

What was their tagline?

Building tomorrrow's slums today, perhaps?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

I'm sure the no mooring signs would be next though.

Yes it always seems to come as a surprise to non-boaters that boats turn up and moor, when there is a nice edge and mooring rings.

13 hours ago, Rob-M said:

It was quiet last Thursday and Friday when we were there.  CRT also have some bookable moorings where you can stay longer than 4 days.

It was-I was on the Aston Business Park mooring and the only one there Thursday night. Ok its not the centre but I was expecting it to be busy because of that. Even Windmill End was virtually deserted on Friday aftie.