Anti Social?

Kendorr

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

So everyone who likes a good night’s sleep should sleep with earplugs. Shame they will never hear the CO or smoke alarms, but never mind, the right to play loud music in public throughout the night is much more important.

I take your point, but earplugs only reduce noise but don't make you totally deaf.

I too used to have early starts flying, but not passengers, and had noisy late night neighbours.I frequently had a two hour drive to an airfield,so used to sleep with earplugs in.

2 minutes ago, Paul C said:

That's a pretty good suggestion!

Thank you! 

This is the thing that really annoys me about late night loud music......there is absolutely no need for it in this day and age as inexpensive technology exists (bluetooth headphones) that would allow anybody to listen and dance to music until dawn should they wish, without disturbing a soul. 

3 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Did you see the boat because it sounds like something we have encountered before

I didn't, by the time I'd figured it all out, I just turned over and listened to the 'drum and bass'!

11 hours ago, Kendorr said:

I'm moored just to the West of Alrewas, nice peaceful spot. Sometime during the night  I woke and could hear booming 'music' in the distance. I must have dozed back off, but them woke with a start as the boat banged against the side and heard chatting as a boat went passed heading west, this was 3-00 am. About 5 minutes later, the booming 'music' started again and it was about 35 minutes before it subsided into the distance!

It sounds (!) like they turned the music/noise down as they passed you and then turned it up again?  But underestimated its carrying power?

• Greenie 2

34 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Horribly antisocial and I would have tried to get the number and report them to crt tbh

Reminds me of the party boats on the Severn, fine they went past at 22.00 or so but the loud noise still woke me up (as I was only 10 or 11 at the time 🤣🤣

I lived for a summer in a barn on the edge of Lake Windermere, in fact as it was a very wet summer the lake edge was a lot closer by the end of summer, anyway the party boat used to do a circuit, so I would hear House of the rising sun, it was always House of the Rising Sun, getting louder and then fading away and the same of the return circuit and so on, I wanted to sink that boat :)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, booke23 said:

Thank you! 

This is the thing that really annoys me about late night loud music......there is absolutely no need for it in this day and age as inexpensive technology exists (bluetooth headphones) that would allow anybody to listen and dance to music until dawn should they wish, without disturbing a soul. 

We often run 'silent discos' for the yoofs. It's just a brilliant concept. Google it if you have never seen one.  (You won't hear one)

31 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

We often run 'silent discos' for the yoofs. It's just a brilliant concept. Google it if you have never seen one.  (You won't hear one)

Fantastic to watch.

We went to a van festival earlier in the year at Elvington Airfield. They have a strict no noise after 10pm policy due to neighbouring property. 

So after 10pm it was a silent disco.

They had 3 different djs playing completely different music depending which head sets were on which person. 

We sat and watched at the bar for a good hour or so. It was so funny to watch 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

I lived for a summer in a barn on the edge of Lake Windermere, in fact as it was a very wet summer the lake edge was a lot closer by the end of summer, anyway the party boat used to do a circuit, so I would hear House of the rising sun, it was always House of the Rising Sun, getting louder and then fading away and the same of the return circuit and so on, I wanted to sink that boat :)

I agree. It was always an over-rated song.

• Greenie 1

11 hours ago, booke23 said:

Yes I've seen them....brilliant idea, especially for a house party. 

There is usually a silent disco tent running at Reading Festival.

Never even looked inside though. I find the concept deeply unattractive, with all the real live music surrounding it. 

12 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Fantastic to watch.

We went to a van festival earlier in the year at Elvington Airfield. They have a strict no noise after 10pm policy due to neighbouring property. 

So after 10pm it was a silent disco.

They had 3 different djs playing completely different music depending which head sets were on which person. 

We sat and watched at the bar for a good hour or so. It was so funny to watch 🤣🤣🤣

They have the same no noise policy on some beaches in Goa snd run silent discos. Seems pretty successful. 

23 minutes ago, MtB said:

There is usually a silent disco tent running at Reading Festival.

Never even looked inside though. I find the concept deeply unattractive, with all the real live music surrounding it. 

As someone who finds the mere concept of a music festival deeply unattractive I wouldn’t really know! Maybe it is an odd concept in that context, although if it allows the yoof to continue to dance til dawn while everybody else sleeps then maybe there’s logic in it. 

Our (coastal) marina used to say you have to be quiet by I think it was 9 or 10pm, now they say you can't make noise that causes annoyance to others at all which is a step in the right direction if you ask me. We've had a number of noisy boat parties that have been stopped dead in their tracks recently, I think they're on a drive to be perceived as being more family friendly. Personally I wouldn't dream of inflicting my choice of music on (or knowingly do anything else that might cause annoyance to) others and wonder what's going on (or more to the point not going on) in the head of anybody who thinks it's ok to blare music out with literally dozens if not hundreds of other people well and truly within earshot. Beyond ignorance...

• Greenie 4

The joys of being a heavy sleeper who is now partly deaf. I just take my hearing aids out and the silence is golden. 🤭

I once slept through a shooting in the corridor outside my hotel room, next morning I had  to ask why there was blood on the walls in the corridor 😱

"All rights reserved.  Unauthorised copying reproduction, hiring, lending, public performance & broadcasting prohibited."

Is this not the copyright warning on all music?

Being more than 10 yards/metres from the source, and being able to hear clearly, would this be Public Broadcasting, and libel to Legal action?

Bod

40 minutes ago, Loddon said:

The joys of being a heavy sleeper who is now partly deaf. I just take my hearing aids out and the silence is golden. 🤭

I once slept through a shooting in the corridor outside my hotel room, next morning I had  to ask why there was blood on the walls in the corridor 😱

You stay in some skanky hotels lad!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bod said:

"All rights reserved.  Unauthorised copying reproduction, hiring, lending, public performance & broadcasting prohibited."

Is this not the copyright warning on all music?

Being more than 10 yards/metres from the source, and being able to hear clearly, would this be Public Broadcasting, and libel to Legal action?

Bod

You could be onto something there. Hear music? Call Sony, they'll be around in a shot! 

(Mebbe that is what happened in Loddon's hotel.) 

Or maybe it was the Performing Rights Society wot dunnit....

People two doors down rented to students for while.......all I noticed was they never turned a light off......anyhoo,rest of the street was up in arms ,and had tar and feathers ready.........I never used to hear anything,except maybe a bit of doof doof doof......sounded like a big 4 cyl Fairbanks Morse......and not unpleasant.

• 2 months later...