Consultation on the draft National Air Pollution Control Programme

Tonka

Featured Posts

27 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Guess nobody else wants their solid fuel stove anymore

It's a real problem Isn't it? All my heat sources cause emissions, I try to cut them back by burning quality wood rather than coal, but its difficult when I do the report I will let them know of these issues, thanks for posting this

13 hours ago, peterboat said:

It's a real problem Isn't it? All my heat sources cause emissions, I try to cut them back by burning quality wood rather than coal, but its difficult when I do the report I will let them know of these issues, thanks for posting this

I was sent this by my coal merchant. So thought I would share with other users. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2022 at 11:09, hamsterfan said:

what a totally biased questionnaire, seems to be full of bull and geared to get the answers they want! nothing in it seems to address the real issues of affordability or the impact of the alternatives to burning fossil fuels 

What else do you expect?

I just can't spend three or four days reading and re-reading all that info. There should be a summary as is the practice in scientific papers.

I need to use coal to keep warm, I'd prefer to use logs but they won't stay in overnight and are more expensive. I suppose a subsidy on firewood would alter my usage, maybe twenty percent reduction. 

I can't cut down on diesel significantly, unless I moor in a marina six months of the year and use shorepower. Who will subsidise me?

I don't think these answers can be fed in to the survey outcome. So I likely won't bother.

It's ironic that people who know nothing about living on boats assume it's a more environmentally sustainable lifestyle, when in fact we're all fossil burning dinosaurs in poorly insulated homes. Even the forward thinking people on solar powered electric boats still have to burn fossil fuels to keep warm in winter. There's no real alternative. 

• Greenie 3

14 hours ago, blackrose said:

It's ironic that people who know nothing about living on boats assume it's a more environmentally sustainable lifestyle, when in fact we're all fossil burning dinosaurs in poorly insulated homes. Even the forward thinking people on solar powered electric boats still have to burn fossil fuels to keep warm in winter. There's no real alternative. 

HVO, assuming you can get it and afford it?

(assuming a diesel boiler or stove, not solid fuel)