Scum on top of the cut - walker traumatised

nicknorman

Featured Posts

So it’s happened again, someone discovering they are not Jesus and can’t walk on water… Time to fence off everything.

Woman 'traumatised' after falling into Walsall canal https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-62309080

A CRT spokesman was later heard to say they were “Making life better in water”.

Edited by nicknorman

7 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

So it’s happened again, someone discovering they are not Jesus and can’t walk on water… Time to fence off everything.

Woman 'traumatised' after falling into Walsall canal https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-62309080

A CRT spokesman was later heard to say they were “Making life better in water”.

Surely the headline news here is that the Walsall canal has water in it !!

I think if CRT had only had a sign up saying, for instance "making life better by water" then that would have informed the victim that there was water in the vicinity and all of this unpleasantness could have been avoided.

Signs are the answer, 

"Ms Niang has since contacted Walsall Council and the Canal and River Trust and urged them to install better safety measures, but said no-one was "taking accountability"."

How about Ms Niang taking some accountability for her own actions?

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

Hmmm, 11 hours blocking a seat in A&E then leaving

Looks like the NHS were rightly prioritising their resources on people who were actually injured or ill, rather than merely damp and embarrassed.

• Greenie 4

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

Looks like the NHS were rightly prioritising their resources on people who were actually injured or ill, rather than merely damp and embarrassed.

Absolutely, but for 11hrs she took a seat someone genuinely in need could have used, i guess they are not allowed to tell obvious chancers to sex & travel

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

On a serious point, how hard would it be to install a solar powered pump in the basin to keep the water moving so that the weed doesn't grow?

Have seen this kind of green blanket appear for a few weeks in a couple of locations. Not convinced that pumps etc (and railings even less so) are a good use of resources  just because such growth happens now and then and humans seem to have an innate appetite for stupidity. I fell into the river off the end of our submerged slipway at the club one year, trying to find the end of it, not for any reason just dumb curiosity! It shouldn't be necessary to fence off stuff where common sense says you shouldn't try and wander. They tried a ball, maybe have a 100 rubber ducks ready to be deployed when a weed bloom like this happens.

46 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Absolutely, but for 11hrs she took a seat someone genuinely in need could have used, i guess they are not allowed to tell obvious chancers to sex & travel

Might depend on whether she swallowed any water in the process. We have heard from learned forum members of the potential consequences. How often do we hear 'experts' tell people: "Always get checked out - better safe than sorry"?

3 hours ago, billS said:

I think if CRT had only had a sign up saying, for instance "making life better by water" then that would have informed the victim that there was water in the vicinity and all of this unpleasantness could have been avoided.

Signs are the answer, 

It's important to have the right colour signs as well

5 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

I agree

Untitled.png

Gave up years ago...

Oh hang on that's not what you meant is it?

4 hours ago, David Mack said:

"Ms Niang has since contacted Walsall Council and the Canal and River Trust and urged them to install better safety measures, but said no-one was "taking accountability"."

How about Ms Niang taking some accountability for her own actions?

Obviously went to the same skool as me!

I think she means "take responsibility". One cannot "take accountability". Accountability happens (if at all) whether or not one desires or wants it.