Scum on the cut - boat vandalised

MisterP

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It doesn't matter at all "why"

Just becasue they are in a 'situation' does not give themn the right to vandalise, rob and frighten someone.

Why matters if you want to stop history repeating itself.

Of course, if you are not the type of scum that lurks at the bottom, but the more usual type that rises to the top, you don't trash people's boats, you trash the economy, people's jobs and their ability to get somewhere to live in the first place. It's still vandalism, just on a macro instead of a micro scale.

Smashing stuff, like graffiti and politics, is just a way of stating "I am here, what I do affects you". It's usually done by insecure people with rubbish lives who either can't find, or are too unintelligent to find, anything interesting to do. That's why both the current PM candidates studied PPE at university.

• Greenie 4

During my career I often had to search the home addresses of people who had been arrested for burglary. Often they were career burglars responsible for hundreds of burglaries. They would always complain about their personal stuff being rifled through and about officers not putting it all back nice and neat. They genuinely did not appreciate the irony of their complaint.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 2

If you watch the video you will see the control panel on the cabin top when the shot of the disconnected wires is shown, so it had perhaps been pushed back into place and/or wasn't well secured in the first place.

There are a few apparent anomalies in the video but as the facts emerge and thought is applied obvious explanations emerge. It is ever thus with conspiracy theories; they are usually much more unlikely than the obvious.

On 27/07/2022 at 18:51, Alan de Enfield said:

Are you suggesting that it maybe all planned and self-inflicted to try and set up a "go fund-me page" + the insurance and get a new boat ?

As previously expressed I do not think this is the case.  It's probably a genuine incident... but how she chooses to handle the fallout is another matter.