New members introduction

Xebec

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Myself (lee) and partner helena would like to introduce ourselves and say hello.

We are just in the process of purchasing Xebec from Glascote basin and are looking forward to becoming the new custodians of such a historic craft and cant wait to get our hands on her.

We are looking forward to chatting with you and hopefully meeting members in the future.

We would like to keep you posted on our adventure headaches and all!

Best wishes

L&H

• Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, Xebec said:

Hi all,

Myself (lee) and partner helena would like to introduce ourselves and say hello.

We are just in the process of purchasing Xebec from Glascote basin and are looking forward to becoming the new custodians of such a historic craft and cant wait to get our hands on her.

We are looking forward to chatting with you and hopefully meeting members in the future.

Best wishes

L&H

Great stuff, photos required please!

2 hours ago, Xebec said:

Hi all,

Best wishes

L&H

Welcome and congratulations! 

Xebec is a handsome boat, and with that lurvely Ruston 2VSH engine I'm very jealous...

Thanks for your kind words, we fell in love with her. I think this will be expensive love but love all the same!

We are planning to restore some of her features keeping in with the period of the boat, this is once i can get my head around this type of engine 🙈, but im sure it will come in time, its all part of a long term plan so cant wait to get stuck in 👍

On 26/07/2022 at 07:54, Xebec said:

Hi all,

Best wishes

L&H

Welcome! I almost bought this boat a few months ago, she is a lovely craft indeed. I am somewhat jealous you're taking her on, look after her! Please do post updates!

Edited by DShK

2 minutes ago, Xebec said:

Well you are more than welcome onboard for a cuppa if you see us out and about!

Yes we have lots planned for her and intend to breath some new life into this old gal! :)

That'd be lovely 🙂

Welcome. We've been doing up the house built by Ruston's first MD for the last 4 years so it's lovely to hear someone is going to be keeping one of their engines going a while longer. Looks an attractive boat. Will be following your journey with interest. Marianne