3.5inch Exhaust Stack

Featured Posts

Hi. My exhaust stack vanished from the roof - so need a new one. Needs to be 3.5inch Id which seems hard to find on google. Any recommendations on where to get one?

I've tried Little Chimney Company and Michael Pinnock - they don't/no longer do exhaust stacks. Any other recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Colin Brendan

2 hours ago, Colin Brendan said:

Hi. My exhaust stack vanished from the roof - so need a new one. Needs to be 3.5inch Id which seems hard to find on google. Any recommendations on where to get one?

I've tried Little Chimney Company and Michael Pinnock - they don't/no longer do exhaust stacks. Any other recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Would the little chimney company not make you one

2 hours ago, Tonka said:

Would the little chimney company not make you one

Fraid not. I get the impression they are tied up with chimney orders

1 hour ago, frangar said:

Have you looked to see if a steel tube stockholder does something of a suitable size then maybe fit some brass strip etc for a cutter or if you want some bling? Both my stacks are pipe section rather than rolled sheet.

Thanks Frangar - might go down this route

While I'm at it - does anyone have opinions on those flippy rain hats on a spring that you don't have to take on and off?

I made my own roof exhaust short pipe by buying a length of thin wall 4" stainless tubing off ebay, slit it down its length with a thin cutting disc on the angle grinder, put big jubilee clips on each end to pull it in to the required diameter, then drilled and  pop rivetted through the overlap. Pop riveted some brass strip around the top too (with copper pop rivets).

1 hour ago, frangar said:

Have you looked to see if a steel tube stockholder does something of a suitable size then maybe fit some brass strip etc for a cutter or if you want some bling? Both my stacks are pipe section rather than rolled sheet.

Just bear in mind that an exhaust made from solid steel pipe, rather than a much thinner steel rolled and riveted, will be far less unforgiving if it manages to catch on a low bridge or tunnel.

With the rolled item, it will likely bend, meaning no damage to the outlet or boat.  With the much more solid item, however... 😬

(Please don't ask me how I know this!)

3 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Just bear in mind that an exhaust made from solid steel pipe, rather than a much thinner steel rolled and riveted, will be far less unforgiving if it manages to catch on a low bridge or tunnel.

With the rolled item, it will likely bend, meaning no damage to the outlet or boat.  With the much more solid item, however... 😬

(Please don't ask me how I know this!)

Hence why I run with a short pipe most of the time....I do see some boats with pipes so tall I wonder how they get through a bridgehole!...I know some dont like the fumes in the face but I quite like the smell of diesel exhaust....and you get a lovely sound off solid pipe!

Edited to add

When I did catch my tall pipe once on a bridge hole it just rolled off the collar....but it fits outside the collar rather than inside...did take me a while with a magnet to get it back though...another advantage over Stainless!

Edited by frangar