My thoughts are turning to the black stuff

rusty69

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, twbm said:

If it helps, my electricity has gone from 16.8p a KwH to 27.1p, and the gas more than doubled from 3.06p to 7.12p / KwH. 

And my heating oil from 45p/l to 89p/l.

There being about 10Kwh to the litre, that's about 9p/kWh and yet it's consumers of gas who get all the publicity.😕

Your coal works out to about 6p/kWh which is the cheapest of all🙂

• Greenie 1

12 hours ago, rusty69 said:

To finish this off, I just had 1 tonne delivered for £477, so up £123 in less than a year.

Bargain! I'm having a multifuel stove install in the hovel, solid fuel is now so cheap compared to the gas and leccy Ordinary People have to use. Prices have tripled or are about to, roughly. Had your coal rose similarly, your £354 from last year would have have risen to £1,062, not £477.

• Greenie 1

11 hours ago, MtB said:

Bargain! I'm having a multifuel stove install in the hovel, solid fuel is now so cheap compared to the gas and leccy Ordinary People have to use. Prices have tripled or are about to, roughly. Had your coal rose similarly, your £354 from last year would have have risen to £1,062, not £477.

I am beginning to feel it was a bargain. But, I suppose the point is, I wouldn't normally consider getting it in until at least October. Who knows what it will be by then. Possibly £1062.

I guess the only risk of buying it early is that of theft, storage or that it passes its best before date and goes off. Still, I am armed with Occam's razor, and Shrodingers dog, and it is hidden in a secret bunker (the coal, not the dog).

On 21/07/2022 at 21:25, Tom and Bex said:

We've just bought up the last excel our supplier had at last winters price of £13.50 per 25kg bag. Price going up from next delivery to £16 per bag, and increasing again to £17 in August😱

Price usually drops in summer - dread to think how much it could go up to next winter. 

May be grim up north. But a bit cheaper for Excel.🤪

56EF0BDB-19E9-4F00-995F-99660E3E5BFA.png

• Horror 1