Continuous cruiser male seeks female boating companion

LJM

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

You rang, m'lady?

Hey, no, don't panic. I'm just joking. 

Unless, that is, you have lithium batteries.... 

No, still using zinc air, number 13s I think, can't read the packet without a magnifying glass.......

1 minute ago, Tracy D'arth said:

No, still using zinc air, number 13s I think, can't read the packet without a magnifying glass.......

Lead acid batteries are a hard limit for me, I'm afraid.  

I may be nearly 60, but I'm very much down with the kids, daddio. 

You should come over to the dark side. Get some lithium in your life 😀

2 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

Lead acid batteries are a hard limit for me, I'm afraid.  

I may be nearly 60, but I'm very much down with the kids, daddio. 

You should come over to the dark side. Get some lithium in your life 😀

If the PM remains unread, remember that its possible to read it by reading the email preview which is sent.

1 hour ago, Paul C said:

If the PM remains unread, remember that its possible to read it by reading the email preview which is sent.

Alas, I see not the PMs of which you speak. 

On 20/07/2022 at 21:53, Paul C said:

Good point - the OP never mentioned age, or any kind of physical or activity preferences etc. For example, does she need to have O-levels? A-levels???

Water level??

On 23/07/2022 at 13:16, haggis said:

Although I have mainly refrained from commenting on Tony's future love life, I have been pondering things from the other side of the fence, so to speak. 

I wonder what the appearance and talents would be of male boat owners who appeal to single female boat owners. 

Come on ladies, time to get our own back 😀

Can wash dishes. Makes a good cuppa. Finds adventure everywhere. Doesn’t have many possessions. (Because I don’t have space for them!) 

Is happy for me to do the “man jobs” without feeling uncomfortable 

an impossible find I believe 

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Balloon said:

Can wash dishes. Makes a good cuppa. Finds adventure everywhere. Doesn’t have many possessions. (Because I don’t have space for them!) 

Re the dish washing, are you looking specifically for the theoretical ability to wash dishes (which I have in abundance), or does the person have to pretend to be willing?  

And as for you doing the man jobs, well I must say that I have nothing but praise for someone who is keen to do work that I would otherwise have to do.

And especially when the work is grimy, oily, exhausting and uncomfortable. 

The idea of a partner saying 'oh no, you handsome devil - we cant have you getting dust on that lovely skin. Pass me that sanding block, and you can sit down and put the football on'.... 

But surely with this sort of attitude, there is a line of boating gentlemen beating a path to your door? 

There has to be a snag. Are you an axe-murderer at all? 

Asking for a friend.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tony1 said:

Re the dish washing, are you looking specifically for the theoretical ability to wash dishes (which I have in abundance), or does the person have to pretend to be willing?  

And as for you doing the man jobs, well I must say that I have nothing but praise for someone who is keen to do work that I would otherwise have to do.

The idea of a partner saying 'oh no, you handsome devil - we cant have you getting dust on that lovely skin. Pass me that sanding block, and you can sit down and put the football on'.... 

But surely with this sort of attitude, there is a line of boating gentlemen beating a path to your door? 

Asking for a friend.

Hahaha you may be surprised to find that there are many men who feel emasculated when a mere woman manages their jobs competently and maybe even more competently than they can!! 

im afraid though that dish washing has to be genuinely enthusiastic. Fake Enthusiasm will be immediately spotted and weeded out 😂

• Greenie 1

30 minutes ago, Balloon said:

Hell, if I wasn't already spoken for

I just know she will stumble onto this thread eventually  ;)

• Haha 2
  • Unimpressed 1

10 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

Asking for a friend.

Sorry. You asked for the snag. 

I should have added “has to tolerate an equally feminist and competent 11 year old girl”. She’s part of the deal 😂

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Balloon said:

Sorry. You asked for the snag. 

I should have added “has to tolerate an equally feminist and competent 11 year old girl”. She’s part of the deal 😂

Joking aside, taking an active role in the growing up of 11 year old girl is not a snag, but rather an honour, and I'm certain you'll find a decent guy who doesn't mind washing some dishes whilst you change the oil  😀 

Sadly the friend who was asking is an elderly gentleman approaching 60, and he would be much too old to be washing dishes at the sort of frequency that you two young ladies would need them to be washed. It gave him quite a turn just to think about it.

So he said  😀

• Greenie 1

36 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

Joking aside, taking an active role in the growing up of 11 year old girl is not a snag, but rather an honour, and I'm certain you'll find a decent guy who doesn't mind washing some dishes whilst you change the oil  😀 

Sadly the friend who was asking is an elderly gentleman approaching 60, and he would be much too old to be washing dishes at the sort of frequency that you two young ladies would need them to be washed. It gave him quite a turn just to think about it.

So he said  😀

Hahah approaching 60 most definitely does not count as elderly. You do yourself a disservice.  or your friend

1 hour ago, Tony1 said:

Isn't "the man job" normally a euphemism for emptying the bog? 

:ninja:

1 minute ago, MtB said:

Isn't "the man job" normally a euphemism for emptying the bog? 

:ninja:

I don't know tbh, but if I could find a woman who was not only able, but willing to deal with that most unsavoury of duties, I think I would agree to wash the dishes, eat gruel and sleep on the roof, and let her and the dog take the bedroom. 

1 minute ago, Goliath said:

or perhaps the opposite 

😂😂 you guys

there are men I know who find it a massive slight that I service my own engine or dare know more than they do about the functioning of my electrics. You’d be surprised 

Just now, Tony1 said:

I don't know tbh, but if I could find a woman who was not only able, but willing to deal with that most unsavoury of duties, I think I would agree to wash the dishes, eat gruel and sleep on the roof, and let her and the dog take the bedroom. 

Oh come on ladies. The toilet is no big deal

Just now, Balloon said:

😂😂😂😂😂 if only it were that easy 

No it is that easy, really. I don't even care if you are an axe murderer. I'll just hide all the axes

You can service my engine any time, and that is not an innuendo. The 1400 mile service is due any day now. 

I prefer an ancient Roman style wedding. Do you have a preference?