Continuous cruiser male seeks female boating companion

LJM

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Tony1 said:

Joking aside, I think there are many civilian women who would be attracted to the idea of holidaying on a narrowboat, or even taking extended cruises- as long as they have a house to return to, with all of its comforts.

So yes, I would agree that a narrowboat has an big appeal, but not necessarily as a place to live full time and permanently. 

That was certainly the case with Mrs Hound.

When I first floated the idea of retiring early and living, rather than holidaying on a boat, she made it clear that I needed to reconsider if I wanted to stay married to her... ☹️

5 minutes ago, cuthound said:

That was certainly the case with Mrs Hound.

When I first floated the idea of retiring early and living, rather than holidaying on a boat, she made it clear that I needed to reconsider if I wanted to stay married to her... ☹️

I can understand this!! When iain expresses a wish to do the Grand Union down to London again my response is "fine but you'll need to find  another wife to do those locks for you 🙂 . 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Paul C said:

There is one word that strikes fear into any experienced boater, liveaboard or not, who understands electrics:

HAIRDRYER

Aha Mr C, you might think that. But I have 1400 watts of solar panels, and a set of lithium batteries, so I fear no hairdryers- well, at least not the low power models. 

I use a 1000 watt electric kettle that boils a mug's worth of water in about 4 minutes, so the purported future Mrs Tony will be able to dry her hair, albeit rather slowly. 

If she wants to boil a kettle AND dry her hair at the same time, then we will have a problem. 

14 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

Aha Mr C, you might think that. But I have 1400 watts of solar panels, and a set of lithium batteries, so I fear no hairdryers- well, at least not the low power models. 

I use a 1000 watt electric kettle that boils a mug's worth of water in about 4 minutes, so the purported future Mrs Tony will be able to dry her hair, albeit rather slowly. 

If she wants to boil a kettle AND dry her hair at the same time, then we will have a problem. 

So that's narrowed down your choices to a bald, short sighted lady who dislikes hot drinks

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, haggis said:

I can understand this!! When iain expresses a wish to do the Grand Union down to London again my response is "fine but you'll need to find  another wife to do those locks for you 🙂 . 

I've never understood the idea that one wife is enough.  There are just too many roles that are required to be filled.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

So that's narrowed down your choices to a bald, short sighted lady who dislikes hot drinks

Yes, in many ways that is the ideal woman.

It is important for any would-be romeo to identify his target audience, so this is progress. 

And if you'd met me, you'd realise that your putative bald, short sighted lady would have to lower her dating standards. 

Edited by Tony1
  • Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, MtB said:

Or the more obvious solution is TWO BOATS! 

It works for me

3 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

But it is important for any would-be romeo to identify his target audience, so this is progress. 

And if you'd met me, you'd realise that your putative bald, short sighted lady would have to lower her dating standards. 

You might have to explain what standards are I'm afraid 

So updated requirements 

So that's narrowed down your choices to a bald, short sighted lady who dislikes hot drinks and owns her own boat 

Edited by tree monkey

2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

It works for me

You might have to explain what standards are I'm afraid 

So updated requirements 

So that's narrowed down your choices to a bald, short sighted lady who dislikes hot drinks and owns her own boat 

I was about to say I think I might have already seen a couple of such creatures on the canals of Cheshire, but I must cease and desist from this line of enquiry Mr Monkey.

I fear we are straying into dangerous and controversial territory, and our female forum colleagues may not appreciate the full hilarity of the 'bantz'. 

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, MtB said:

Indeed, you picked a good one! 

In other cases if the other half flattens her own batteries, it might still be the bloke's fault...

I wus picked

3 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

I was about to say I think I might have already seen a couple of such creatures on the canals of Cheshire, but I must cease and desist from this line of enquiry Mr Monkey.

I fear we are straying into dangerous and controversial territory, and our female forum colleagues may not appreciate the full hilarity of the 'bantz'. 

I appreciate your concern but I will say I am happy to be on the receiving  end of similar from others, but in deference to your cautious disposition I will refrain from continuing 

12 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I appreciate your concern but I will say I am happy to be on the receiving  end of similar from others, but in deference to your cautious disposition I will refrain from continuing 

I may be a tad over-cautious, of course, but I've noticed not many of the ladies of the forum are actively contributing to this particular thread, which could mean some of the comments are not very appealing, and if at all possible I'd prefer not to cause any discomfort, distaste, or offence.  

And anyway, with your invaluable help I think I've already identified exactly the sort of lady I should be looking for, should I ever feel like pursuing affairs of the heart in future.  

Although I have mainly refrained from commenting on Tony's future love life, I have been pondering things from the other side of the fence, so to speak. 

I wonder what the appearance and talents would be of male boat owners who appeal to single female boat owners. 

Come on ladies, time to get our own back 😀

• Greenie 1

34 minutes ago, haggis said:

Although I have mainly refrained from commenting on Tony's future love life, I have been pondering things from the other side of the fence, so to speak. 

I wonder what the appearance and talents would be of male boat owners who appeal to single female boat owners. 

Can I just say- tree monkey made me do it. 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, haggis said:

Please attach photo of boat

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, haggis said:

This discourse may induce me to put the boot on the other foot so to speak.

I consider myself to be no catch but might be induced to advertise for a male boating buddy.

But by god he would need to be good!

14 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

This discourse may induce me to put the boot on the other foot so to speak.

I consider myself to be no catch but might be induced to advertise for a male boating buddy.

But by god he would need to be good!

You rang, m'lady?

Hey, no, don't panic. I'm just joking. 

Unless, that is, you have lithium batteries.... 

Just now, Tonka said:

Lithium batteries in ?

In anything, my dear boy. 

It's the lithium that does it for me....

I think any future partner of mine would have to be at least lithium-curious.

• Greenie 1