Suitable 240v washing machine

Kalapattar

Featured Posts

57 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Zanussi KWC 1301W   1600w full load.

Ok thanks

44 minutes ago, ronnietucker said:

Hi! I used to have one but problem was emptying it fully with the hose outlet at the bottom

I have a Candy. Last time I saw they were 4 KG load though mine is 3.5 Kg. I ssusect very similar to the Zanussi. It  has a cold wash setting though I understand that the heater kicks in for a very brief period at the beginning (reported on this forum). What I do know is that my 4 Kva (3.6 Kwh) generator has no difficulty in supporting it on a heated programme at the same time as the 2Kw immersion heater and the battery charger. All without the generator panel stating 'overload'

Edited by Slim

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

I have a Candy. Last time I saw they were 4 KG load though mine is 3.5 Kg. I ssusect very similar to the Zanussi. It  has a cold wash setting though I understand that the heater kicks in for a very brief period at the beginning (reported on this forum)

Ok, enough power to cope with heater element!

15 minutes ago, Kalapattar said:

Ok thanks

Hi! I used to have one but problem was emptying it fully with the hose outlet at the bottom

I stand mine on top of 2 beer crates (side by side) and a piece of plywood 80 cm x 50cm on top of the crates to give a good fall into the shower tray and it's very stable.

I have an Indesit IWDC 6125 washer/dryer. It has a cold wash setting so, when offline, I put a few litres of hot water in manually then it happily runs through its cycle via a 2kw inverter. I don't use the dryer offline. 

Edited by rgreg

14 minutes ago, smiler said:

I stand mine on top of 2 beer crates (side by side) and a piece of plywood 80 cm x 50cm on top of the crates to give a good fall into the shower tray and it's very stable.

Ok, good idea! Which Tap connectors do you use?

1 hour ago, Kalapattar said:

I used to have one but problem was emptying it fully with the hose outlet at the bottom

I keep mine at the back of the boat on a little platform that lets me put the drain house out the vent grill to drain into the canal. That way I can do a washing without opening up the back of the boat. Especially handy in winter or rainy days.  :D

3 hours ago, Kalapattar said:

Hi! Can anyone recommend a make/ model washing machine to cope with a 2200w output generator please? Even though it’s 2200w I think the max is 1700w

It might be an idea to divulge which 2200w output generator you have? Unless it's a pure sinewave output it's unlikely to be able to run some of the more modern and sophisticated automatic washing machines such as the Zanussi possibly because of the digital interface of the machine. I have a Zanussi ZWC1300W (16 year old model) 1600w max and I  run it from a Honda EU generator. Even though the Honda has a pure sinewave AC output the washing machine hesitates, sometimes for up to 20 minutes before allowing me to run a cycle.

19 hours ago, Kalapattar said:

Ok thanks

We have that twin tub mentioned earlier, and very good it is too. The spinner does a terrific job, so drying is a much reduced issue. Ours goes in the well deck and the hose goes out through the scupper where it drains perfectly. We fill it with a watering can.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We have that twin tub mentioned earlier, and very good it is too. The spinner does a terrific job, so drying is a much reduced issue. Ours goes in the well deck and the hose goes out through the scupper where it drains perfectly. We fill it with a watering can.

Ok thanks!

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yea!!

Adapt and rule!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...