Grass mowing - Macc

sirweste

Featured Posts

So having spent 6 years constantly cruising down on the GU I’ve had a huge change of circumstances and come up to the Macc (well supposed to be Peak but can’t get there)

came back tonight to the messiest grass cutting I’ve ever seen! 

is this normal for the Macc? Just fill up the cut!?

2ABBA083-8BA2-4E7E-848F-DEE6ACD43F80.jpeg

03A62C89-1FAA-41E6-B8B9-C11F1782E8BE.jpeg

Sorry but you need to understand that CRT give the contract to the cheapest bidder who then goes on to employ the cheapest labour who have the least possible interest in what they're doing whilst meeting the most stretching targets. It's called progress. 

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

Lovely bridge...

52 minutes ago, sirweste said:

So having spent 6 years constantly cruising down on the GU I’ve had a huge change of circumstances and come up to the Macc (well supposed to be Peak but can’t get there)

came back tonight to the messiest grass cutting I’ve ever seen! 

is this normal for the Macc? Just fill up the cut!?

Yeahbutnobutyeahbutnobut.... NO WIDEBEAMS. Fantastic!

And you are moaning about  grass clippings in the cut. Get a grip! 

Edited by MtB
Speeling

Its a funny old world, we had this problem with catering companies when I worked Offshore, They priced so low they couldn't supply the quality required and would come back asking for more dosh. The company I worked for recognised the problem and invited two companies to tender and they were both aware they were the only ones invited to tender and both were told nether of them would get all the 13 platforms and they still put in a price so low they couldn't do it.;

Interestingly, pottering down the Macc this morning, I noticed that,  almost everywhere they've mowed and chucked it into the cut, there's a big blue sign saying "Enjoy Your Local Canal".

The contents of my weed hatch when I stopped near the junction were remarkable. I don't know how so much got in there and still let the prop go round.

20 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

This week I have seen a mowing and strimming crew of 6 cutting inch long grass that is dead and brown whilst in other places the weeds are three feet high.

That is what is happening on the Coventry.

However the weeds are so high they have left the cuttings on the towpath rather than throw them in the canal.

Edited by cuthound
To add the last paragraph