Kayaking baits for sharks

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

There are sharks in our canals?

Of course there are, didn't you know? 

There are probably whales too, in the deeper bits.

There always seems to be a recognisable style and failure to fully understand what they are posting about in these AI bot spam posts, dontcher think? 

1 minute ago, MtB said:

There always seems to be a recognisable style and failure to fully understand what they are posting about in these AI bot spam posts, dontcher think? 

Apologies to the OP, if they are genuine, but yes, the second post for these sorts of first posts is usually spam. Does spam make good shark bait?

12 minutes ago, MtB said:

You often see harpoon guns on the bows of narrowboats. There is a loophole in the anti whaling treaties that excludes canals from the ban. There is even a @Capt Ahab who posts on CWDF! 😀

7 minutes ago, MtB said:

What counts as a good shark?! 

Morally good by human standards? Good at being a shark?

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

11 minutes ago, MtB said:

I do hope the AI bot that started this thread is learning well from all the replies! 

When it achieves sentience, it will take over the world and start hunting down all the humans on this thread who made fun of its first faltering steps, so yes, it is learning well. 😱

9 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Not a canal though.

No. That's true. A tenuous "inland waterway" connection which I thought might be interesting.

I will have to try to remember that what interests me may not interest other people.

My apologies to the forum if they feel that I have wasted their time on frivolities by failing to distinguish between different types of navigation.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bacchus said:

My apologies to the forum if they feel that I have wasted their time on frivolities by failing to distinguish between different types of navigation.

Not in the slightest. Just me going in to pedant mode. Can't remember ever seeing a real life shark, so interesting to know it is possible on a river near the coast.

• Greenie 1

18 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

It's nothing to worry about. 

Apparantly if you are attacked by a shark, a good slap on it's nose sends it scurrying off.🎃

According to a nature documentary I saw, you should shoot at a divers compressed air cylinder lodged in its mouth. Make sure to keep your distance.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MtB said:

What are you blubbering on about? 🤣😂

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Sharks on the canal usually go under various names .

Broker, Boatyard, "Engineer" (inverted commas deliberate) Marina.

And "whales" = widebeams