Teenage boy, 16, dies after swimming in West Yorkshire canal during heatwave.

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Is there a single  person on this forum who never did anything vaguely life-threatening as a child?

I certianly did, and got into difficulties owning to cold water shock after being tipped off a raft by a friend.

I remember a horrific film at agricultural college, involved a muck spreader. It was a real accident!

But when I was a farm student we used to put the tractor in to first gear( low )"and jump off and on while feeding the cattle, not a good idea, especially if the ground is hard.

We just don't know, it seems obvious now!

On 13/07/2022 at 09:48, Athy said:

At this time of the year, I wouldn't worry too much about disrupting schools' curriculums. Now that exams are over, and probably sorts day and prize day too,  teachers will probably welcome something which usefully fills part of an end-of-term day.

I once had to contact the technology teacher of an infinite number of schools, if it was before 3.40 they were teaching, if it was after  3.45 they were difficult to find. No one answered the phone after 4.20

3 hours ago, Jerra said:

I certianly did, and got into difficulties owning to cold water shock after being tipped off a raft by a friend.

https://youtu.be/-RTBy17CSMc I made this with my friends who were 8 to 14 year olds. Note we are driving, Morris 8 car, Milk float and a Land Rover all without adult in sight. (The guns are toys) :)

8 hours ago, Laurie Booth said:

https://youtu.be/-RTBy17CSMc I made this with my friends who were 8 to 14 year olds. Note we are driving, Morris 8 car, Milk float and a Land Rover all without adult in sight. (The guns are toys) :)

That was very cute! Loved that Sherlock Holmes could hardly see over the steering wheel. I used to do plays with my friends around that age to while away the hours at boarding school.

If kids want to do something dangerous now,they just pop pills bought off a "mate of a mate" down the junction.............although ,the most dangerous thing you can legally do is rock fishing at some of the notorious death spots.........mostly ethnic adults,who have no concept of rough water,and are lured by the $50 value of a decent fish.

1 hour ago, MrsM said:

That was very cute! Loved that Sherlock Holmes could hardly see over the steering wheel. I used to do plays with my friends around that age to while away the hours at boarding school.

Yes great fun, I wanted a taller boy (John Howett) to play the part of Holmes, but Laurence Cox owned the hat and pipe( borrowed from his dad)  :)

Which boarding school did you go to. I went to Quantock boarding school Nether Stowey Bridgwater.

Edited by Laurie Booth