Allternator low output.

Brian422

Featured Posts

Had problems with broken rev counter wire as detailed in previous post.

Replaced plug connector - rev counter working, starter warning light off and buzzer not sounding but only 1.2volts on B terminal.

Took alternator for repair.

Engineer replaced regulator - 13.8 volts on B terminal starter battery warning light on and Buzzer sounding.

Have measured d.c. resistance between alternator plug and control panel - all check correct.

I have a sneaky suspicion, judging by the dust in connector they may have fitted a reclaimed regulator.

Would be grateful for any advice. Things I may have missed before I return to repair shop.

I’m a bit confused because both your posts say “3 hours ago” but one seems before visit to repair shop, the other after.

Anyway if it is a 6 diode machine as I expect, there is no D+ terminal. The warn light connection is operated by the regulator so I think your suspicions may be correct.

But none of this has explained how you could have had 1.2v on the B+ terminal. That cannot be down to a faulty regulator, only to a high resistance connection between alternator and battery.