12th July. Weaver

haggis

Featured Posts

We are on the weaver and wonder what is  special about the 12th of July. Looking at the stoppages and right at the end of the lock times it says that the operation of all locks will be suspended on 12th July. I asked a volunteer at Dutton yesterday if that was still true and he contacted his boss who didn't seem to know. Looking at the lift times I see that the lift is also suspended today.

What is so special about today on the Weaver?

The Danny was grounded yesterday as Sutton bridge couldn't be closed after it was opened for the Danny on Sunday Apparently a fuse blew .

It's all go on the river !! 

Haggis 

And it has started to rain ! 

Edited by haggis

1 minute ago, cuthound said:

Possibly 😀

Or it could have something to do with the Orange lodge and Masonic things 

11 minutes ago, davem399 said:

It’s my wedding anniversary today, but I can’t think of any connection between that and the Weaver!

Congratulations ! A good enough reason to close everything down on the Weaver  😆

50 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

There’s the Queens baton relay for the Commonwealth Games and that’s progressing down from the Anderton boat lift I believe though that’s now on the 17th? 

https://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/news/birmingham-2022-queens-baton-relay-visits-northwich

Are the NBTA involved? Boats not moving would be just their thing. 😀

• Haha 1

Just had a notification that all Weaver locks are closed UFN due to staff sickness.

There is a closure of Uplands Road and the car park on Sunday for the baton thing. No indication of whether there will be access to the marinas/house/farm.

6BE8B50A-A448-4440-A89C-0AC35F9C9FED.jpeg

The lift must be open again as we have seen a couple of boats we haven't seen down here the last week. One a hire boat heading towards Northwich asked if we had left the lock gates open for him. I think he has a wee bit to learn about weaver locks. 😆

Just received...

Notice Alert

Weaver Navigation
Location: Navigation Advice: Saltersford Lock, Vale Royal Lock, Hunts Lock and Dutton Lock Weaver Navigation.
Starts At: Dutton Large Lock
Ends At: Vale Royal Large Lock

Tuesday 12 July 2022 12:15 until further notice

Type: Advice
Reason: Information

Original message:

Please be advised due to illness within the local operations team we are unable to operate the following locks on the Weaver Navigation due to limited resources:

Saltersford Lock

Dutton Lock

Hunts Lock

Vale Royal Lock.

A further update will be provided tomorrow, Wednesday 13 July.

1 hour ago, AndrewIC said:

Just had a notification that all Weaver locks are closed UFN due to staff sickness.

There is a closure of Uplands Road and the car park on Sunday for the baton thing. No indication of whether there will be access to the marinas/house/farm.

6BE8B50A-A448-4440-A89C-0AC35F9C9FED.jpeg

I have been waiting for over a week for some harness (horse and carriage driving) to be delivered from Crewe by Parcel Force - it seemed to get to Liverpool and then stopped.

On chasing it up I was told that all of their drivers were off with Covid and so until they could get agency drivers organised nothing was being delivered.

Maybe the North West is a new hotspot of Covid - latest stats show it growing by 20%-30% per week and last week over 2,500,000 people known to have Covid.

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I have been waiting for over a week for some harness (horse and carriage driving) to be delivered from Crewe by Parcel Force - it seemed to get to Liverpool and then stopped.

On chasing it up I was told that all of their drivers were off with Covid and so until they could get agency drivers organised nothing was being delivered.

Maybe the North West is a new hotspot of Covid - latest stats show it growing by 20%-30% per week and last week over 2,500,000 people known to have Covid.

No the U.K. is the new Covid hotspot. People aren’t isolating when they have it so are spreading it. 

3 hours ago, Chris John said:

No the U.K. is the new Covid hotspot. People aren’t isolating when they have it so are spreading it. 

5 out of 6 of us caught Covid at a funeral where a clown had come out feeling unwell but not tested.  Husband felt ill the next day and was positive.

9 minutes ago, Jerra said:

5 out of 6 of us caught Covid at a funeral where a clown had come out feeling unwell but not tested.  Husband felt ill the next day and was positive.

Employers are also telling employees to come to work even if they have covid saying it’s no longer a requirement to isolate. Yep I know! 

I received an email giving e info about the 12th as follows 

The Trust held several two-hour get togethers across different locations at various times throughout the day yesterday to thank all staff and volunteers and celebrate 10 years of being a charity (Anderton Boat Lift and National Waterways Museum's events began at 3.30pm). It was communicated several months in advance that the locks would be suspended on 12 July, however we moved the team about to facilitate keeping them open until 2pm to cause as little disruption to our customers as possible. Unfortunately, COVID has been on the rise and it has spread throughout the team so passage through the locks had to be suspended again yesterday due to lack of resources. An update on this will be provided today. 

20 minutes ago, haggis said:

I received an email giving e info about the 12th as follows 

The Trust held several two-hour get togethers across different locations at various times throughout the day yesterday to thank all staff and volunteers and celebrate 10 years of being a charity (Anderton Boat Lift and National Waterways Museum's events began at 3.30pm). It was communicated several months in advance that the locks would be suspended on 12 July, however we moved the team about to facilitate keeping them open until 2pm to cause as little disruption to our customers as possible. Unfortunately, COVID has been on the rise and it has spread throughout the team so passage through the locks had to be suspended again yesterday due to lack of resources. An update on this will be provided today. 

Hmmmm looks like my post (5 posts ago) was pretty close to the mark.

Covid is rampant in the North West.