Huawei B535 and samsung tv

jaime66

Featured Posts

Does it see the router at all? 

Try it with a cable this will confirm it's a WiFi problem.

There is a lot of talk on forums about a problem with tcpip and some TV router combinations not running on IPv6 so it has to be disabled to force it to run on IPv4.

7 minutes ago, jaime66 said:

Have tried with cable and same result .....but tv works fine with bt router .....so whats IPv6 ?

IPv4 and IPv6 are the communication protocols used between items on a network running TCPIP*

I couldn't find a setting in my 535 to accept/reject IPv6 there may well be one in the TV under network settings 

IPv4 is the older of the two and imo the more reliable.

Sorry I cant be more specific about where to find the setting but I don't have the TV.

What's the model number?

https://www.techtarget.com/searchnetworking/definition/TCP-IP

I've just acquired a B535.  The wifi security is tighter than my old router so I had to change the password for the network from the previous one.  Meaning that every device needed updating.  My HP laserjet (p1102w) was a real pain, but got there in the end by downgrading the 'wifi security' setting to 'wpa/wpa2' from 'wpa2'.

I have a B535 connected to a Poynting external aerial and it has worked fine everywhere until we got to Banbury. We are moored near sovereign wharf and am getting about 300 kbps. Useless. So just playing about, disconnected the aerial, moved the B535 onto the well deck, and am now getting around 20 mbps! There must be a technical reason but it sure don't seem logical. At least I can listen to the Austrian GP now.

27 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

I have a B535 connected to a Poynting external aerial and it has worked fine everywhere until we got to Banbury. We are moored near sovereign wharf and am getting about 300 kbps. Useless. So just playing about, disconnected the aerial, moved the B535 onto the well deck, and am now getting around 20 mbps! There must be a technical reason but it sure don't seem logical. At least I can listen to the Austrian GP now.

I have found the same with the B818 that I have, sometimes unplugging the external Poynting aerial improves speed so now I generally don't bother connecting it.  The other thing I've found is moving short distances I often need to reboot the router, I wonder if this can be where it stays connected to the same mast but with a much weaker signal strength and rebooting gets it to pick up a better signal.

2 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I have found the same with the B818 that I have, sometimes unplugging the external Poynting aerial improves speed so now I generally don't bother connecting it.  The other thing I've found is moving short distances I often need to reboot the router, I wonder if this can be where it stays connected to the same mast but with a much weaker signal strength and rebooting gets it to pick up a better signal

The 818 is 4x4 mimo with no external antennas, with external antennas it's only 2x2 mimo so will be faster with no external  antennas provided there is enough signal.

The 535 is only 2x2 mimo with or without external antennas hence unless there is a stronger signal one way or the other then no speed difference.

Edited by Loddon
  • Greenie 1

I have no idea from a technical point, but we had loads of problems dealing with banks with the 535 supplying internet through a Smarty sim card. It turned out that the IP address was continually changing and the banks suspected fraud - maybe the TV don't like it either - just a thought.

2 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

I have no idea from a technical point, but we had loads of problems dealing with banks with the 535 supplying internet through a Smarty sim card. It turned out that the IP address was continually changing and the banks suspected fraud - maybe the TV don't like it either - just a thought.

I've had this problem with a hosting company I use, I'm not able to administer a web site through my Smarty SIM.  Wouldn't have thought it a problem for the TV connecting though.

1 hour ago, jaime66 said:

TV see network from routers but will not connect to net tried changing 

DNS SERVER TO 8.8.8.8

And also turned off ipv6 on tv ....still no joy

So whats nexts setting to look at in router ?

cheers 

Can other devices connect to the router and get an internet connection?

3 hours ago, jaime66 said:

alias my Mac connects fine no problems just the bloody tv won't connect 

Some people claim to have fixed TV connection problems by changing the APN settings in the router to ipv4 only. That might be worth a try. 

• 4 weeks later...