SECRET ( shush! ) WATER TAP FOUND

Tracy D'arth

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

You're not having to sneak in to some ones back garden? 😀

No, but it may be  farmers, no signs. A polite ask may serve.   If not it may get a neigh!  Or two.

Another clue its a substantial bridge with a track over.

2 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

No, but it may be  farmers, no signs. A polite ask may serve.   If not it may get a neigh!  Or two.

Another clue its a substantial bridge with a track over.

That must  be just below Hassall green as it has fields of horses and the substantial bridge could be   the M6 Am I close?

2 hours ago, haggis said:

That must  be just below Hassall green as it has fields of horses and the substantial bridge could be   the M6 Am I close?

No.  Right canal, too low.

As its Saturday, I'll own up.   Its on the inside of the bridge at Lock 60. Stables one side of the canal, farm on the other. Its on the farm side flank wall.

2 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

As its Saturday, I'll own up.   Its on the inside of the bridge at Lock 60. Stables one side of the canal, farm on the other. Its on the farm side flank wall.

I'll look for it. If the water's low, I'll leave the tap running.

• Haha 2

On 09/07/2022 at 16:57, Tracy D'arth said:

That'll be the drainage outflow from the stables then.  Good liqui manure for the planters on the roof.

🤢

10 minutes ago, Theo said:

That'll be the drainage outflow from the stables then.  Good liqui manure for the planters on the roof.

🤢

Does the expression "peeing on your chips" mean anything to you?

On 09/07/2022 at 14:36, Tonka said:

but how do you know if its fit for drinking

Funnily enough as a youngster I worked for the summer in a botanic garden (fantastic job) and it was a very hot summer, but that was OK because there were loads of taps around the place, it was a few weeks before someone pointed out they were fed from an open rainwater pond with very active frog population which often got drawn into the pipes to emerge in a more liquid state than they entered 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Its on a branch of blue MDPE, pretty safe bet its on the service main.

It could be a farmer's own supply from a borehole. It SHOULD be safe, but isn't subject to the same scrutiny as mains water, and often that water tastes "a bit funny". I know some farmers who have the farm on the borehole but the farmhouse on mains, for this reason. And others who have the farmhouse on the borehole, but with extra filters/etc.