Beta Marine 43 will not keep running

SLC

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

If you like fenders that squash flat in use then yes they are great.

Yes if only there was a product designed and made for the job, people wouldn't need to use old kart tyres. 

I wonder what such a product would be called, were there to be such a thing...

33 minutes ago, MtB said:

Yes if only there was a product designed and made for the job, people wouldn't need to use old kart tyres. 

I wonder what such a product would be called, were there to be such a thing...

Go kart tyres an serve a useful purpose, my front and rear fenders were getting a bit threadbare so i used a go cart tyre as a cover given me another 7 years use ;)

2015-06-19 13.17.37.jpg

2017-06-30 18.10.35.jpg

Edited by Loddon

2 hours ago, Loddon said:

Go kart tyres an serve a useful purpose, my front and rear fenders were getting a bit threadbare so i used a go cart tyre as a cover given me another 7 years use ;)

Also, karts can go through tyres at a prodigious rate, particularly when used in competition. They'll have a soft compound for grip that wears quickly. Commercial go karting sites are going to use tyres that are a less grippy and longer lasting to reduce speeds, make the driving more fun for the customers and cheaper for all. Similar to the difference between the tyre life on a formula 1 car and the life of tyres on a hatchback used to go to work, the shops and visiting. Having a second existence as boat fenders is an excellent piece of reuse, on their way to landfill, or recycling.

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

So which bit is the ACTUAL gunwale. I always consider a gunwale the bit I walk down 

Below that is the tumblehome according to some but then I thought the cabin sides were the tumblehome 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

So which bit is the ACTUAL gunwale. I always consider a gunwale the bit I walk down 

The 'flat bit' that you walk on.

See the source image

Yes ................. I know its a picture of a canoe, it was just the first illustration I came across.

Edited by Alan de Enfield