Solar panels

Barneyozz

Featured Posts

Does anyone know of a Government grant scheme which will fund buying and fitting/installing systems of solar panels to boats that are used as permanent residences on the Tidal Thames?

I apologise if this subject has been recently covered but I'm new to the forum and also know that legislation changes frequently.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

• Haha 2

I think the idea is that you buy them yourself and get free electricity from the sun. Not sure why the taxpayer would be expected to pay for your energy because you live on a boat on the tidal Thames.

Edited by LadyG

28 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Tax payers seems happy to pay for houses to get grants for solar panels,

and for insulation and all manner of things

why not for residents on boats, whether in london or anywhere?

Maybe if it was an official residential mooring registered with the council for council tax, maybe he should contact the local council office?

5 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Maybe if it was an official residential mooring registered with the council for council tax, maybe he should contact the local council office?

Yes if it is possible on a boat then I think those would probably be the criteria to qualify for a grant. 

39 minutes ago, Goliath said:

and for insulation and all manner of things

why not for residents on boats, whether in london or anywhere?

Exactly. Residential is residential. If you're paying council tax them you're no different and it shouldn't matter whether it's a house or a boat. 

Edited by blackrose

2 hours ago, Barneyozz said:

Does anyone know of a Government grant scheme which will fund buying and fitting/installing systems of solar panels to boats that are used as permanent residences on the Tidal Thames?

I apologise if this subject has been recently covered but I'm new to the forum and also know that legislation changes frequently.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Why don't you apply for a grant to buy a boat, you could then choose one that already has solar panels fitted - then you get what you desire - The great-unwashed paying for your "London home".

It could only be a parasitic Londoner who would even ask the question.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Just now, blackrose said:

Yes if it is possible on a boat then I think those would probably be the criteria to qualify for a grant. 

Are there any official Residential Council run moorings in London? I imagine it would be easier to get any grants if you were on one, rather then paying residential mooring in a private Marina. 

Thank you for your helpful replies. Actually  I live on a boat because I can’t afford a flat let alone a house. I am self employed working flat out but still am eligible for universal credit as wages are low. And I pay council tax. That is why I asked the question about grants. Knowing that flats and houses are eligible I was simply wondering if boats are too. 

20 hours ago, Goliath said:

Unless they have come in in the last couple of months there are no grants available for solar unless you count the removal of Vat as a grant.

Edited by Loddon

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2022 at 23:02, Barneyozz said:

Thank you for your helpful replies. Actually  I live on a boat because I can’t afford a flat let alone a house. I am self employed working flat out but still am eligible for universal credit as wages are low. And I pay council tax. That is why I asked the question about grants. Knowing that flats and houses are eligible I was simply wondering if boats are too. 

If you pay council tax you may be in with a chance, how good I don't know. Don't you have to have them installed by a registered installer to get grants.