Is the price of diesel restricting boat use?

peterboat

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Maybe he's flattened his phone battery if it was plugged into his boat while he was trying to power off the obstruction :icecream:

And its clouding over now, 

18 minutes ago, MrsM said:

Blooming hope so! The wind has not helped my steering into narrow locks technique!

Expect wall to wall sunshine from Saturday through to a week on Sunday 🌞

Might be a bit breezy this Friday though. Need to get some washing hung out to dry 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Naughty Cal
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1

Well I took Oscar a walk and when I got back I noticed that the boat wasnt leaning as much, over a period of time the wind was rocking the boat and breaking down whatever I was sat on. In the end I unfastened the Bow rope full power astern and she slipped off, now moored just after Kellingly Collery sun still shinning and batteries charging up for tomorrow.

• Greenie 3

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

Well I took Oscar a walk and when I got back I noticed that the boat wasnt leaning as much, over a period of time the wind was rocking the boat and breaking down whatever I was sat on. In the end I unfastened the Bow rope full power astern and she slipped off, now moored just after Kellingly Collery sun still shinning and batteries charging up for tomorrow.

Glad you got off unscathed.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

Should have had a nice big beefy diesel engine to push you off.

An Indesit washing machine motor is just not going to cut it....😈😈😈😈

54 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Mentioning Indesit washing machines, way back in the 1960's my dad bought my mum one, her first one. Plugged it in, switched it on and it went up in cloud of smoke. They called the Indesit man out who discovered that it had a 110 volt motor in it, obviousely an Italian home market one that escaped as an export. My mum would'nt touch it after that and kept on using the old gas copper and copper stick.  We remamed the machine the ''Indecent''.

Edited by bizzard
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Doubt it, if your propeller isn't fully in the water you can't pull yourself of the obstacle!! In the end nature won, by rocking the boat until whatever it was on broke up and I pulled off easily 

59 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

I hope you are all ready for the wall to wall sunshine and warm weather that is on its way 🌞🚍🍹🍺🍾🌞

Fingers crossed moorings at Castleford mostly empty which is good but bad

19 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Looking OK here.....

Screenshot_20220701-205844_AccuWeather.jpg

Not quite so hot where we re going but still 23 to 25 degrees all week.

Bearable for the dog and we can still go exploring without being too hot 😀

5 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Not quite so hot where we re going but still 23 to 25 degrees all week.

Bearable for the dog and we can still go exploring without being too hot 😀

The dog is or can be an issue down here.

He needs to be kept in the shade. We make sure he has lots of water, some to pour over him to keep him cool.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

13 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

He needs to be kept in the shade. We make sure he has lots of water, some to pour over him to keep him cool.

Ours is too eager to please? He forgets he is too hot. We have to keep a close eye on him.

Thankfully the warmest day looks set to be next Saturday when we are travelling back. Not so bad if we are driving. We can crank the air con up and use a bit more diesel 🤣🤣🤣

On 01/07/2022 at 20:25, The Happy Nomad said:

Oscar the rough haired border collie is ok in the heat, apparently it's a coat thing, designed to keep him cool in summer and warm in winter. Hugo the French Bulldog suffers in the heat we often drop him in the canal/river to cool off

6 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Oscar the rough haired border collie is ok in the heat, apparently it's a coat thing, designed to keep him cool in summer and warm in winter. Hugo the French Bulldog suffers in the heat we often drop him in the canal/river to cool off

Last nights BBQ.

It was still 30 degrees outside at 6pm

Dog was fine, but in the shade. We are trying to get him to go into the pool but hes having none of it.

Screenshot_20220703-132016_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220703-132726_Photos.jpg

Edited by The Happy Nomad

I have just read a deeply upsetting article by JP Morgan, it basically says that Russia is contemplating reducing oil output, the consequences would be Brent oil reaching 380 dollars a barrel! It would not cause any pain to Russia but would cause massive problems for the west. Sanctions onus it would seem 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Last nights BBQ.

It was still 30 degrees outside at 6pm

Dog was fine, but in the shade. We are trying to get him to go into the pool but hes having none of it.

Screenshot_20220703-132016_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220703-132726_Photos.jpg

It's been a nice steady 21 degrees here today. Bit blustery though. Made it nice a rolly on the trip boat 🤣🤣🤣

It's been nice weather for walking with the dog not too hot.

• Greenie 1

15 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

The proce of oil has dropped some 10% today.

Screenshot_20220705-170313_Chrome.jpg.9a3d548bbbb98a17f7a35704688311d4.jpg

It's been dropping for ages yet the price of fuel has been rising! The refineries apparently are at fault either profiteering or they need the money to make up losses during the pandemic?

Just talking with a narrowboat hire company owner yesterday and he says the pre tax price is still rising.

We have paid between £1.18 at domestic rate and £1.59 at 60/40 at coastal locations  this week which is considerably better than £1.85 in inland marinas  local to home.

A sea trip we have just completed consumes a large proportion of our fuel for the year. 

So far we really haven't cut back on boat use but there has been a significant cost to doing so.

I really cant imagine fuel returning to last years prices.