Hot Water Pressure Vessel

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, pearley said:

What pressure should this be set at?  Pump cuts in at 20 psi and out at 40 psi. Is adjusting it the same as accumulator?

No, assuming that you mean the expansion vessel. Accumulators are set at more or less the pump cut IN pressure, expansion vessels at or very slightly above the pump cut OUT pressure, so 40psi in your case.

2 minutes ago, pearley said:

Sorry Tony. I meant expansion tank, name escaped me for a while. Its states 3 bar on the label and tyre pressure gauge confirms that so OK.

That is just under 5 psi above cut out pressure so you will get a 5 psi overpressure at each heating cycle. Personally I would drop it to 40 psi.

Are you measuring/adjusting the pressure in the expansion vessel with the pump off and the hot taps open to release the water pressure?.  Otherwise you are reading the pressure in the pipes not the pressure in the expansion vessel bladder.

N

22 minutes ago, BEngo said:

Are you measuring/adjusting the pressure in the expansion vessel with the pump off and the hot taps open to release the water pressure?.  Otherwise you are reading the pressure in the pipes not the pressure in the expansion vessel bladder.

N

Yes.

Pump off, tank valve closed, taps open.

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

That is just under 5 psi above cut out pressure so you will get a 5 psi overpressure at each heating cycle. Personally I would drop it to 40 psi.

I actually measured it at 41 psi which I thought close to the factory setting.