Birmingham Boating Parade

Rob-M

Featured Posts

Anybody taking part in the Birmingham Boating Parade today...?

The parade is starting by the Roundhouse and heading out to the Vale winding hole, last I heard they were expecting around 70 boats.

I will be steering the motor, Scorpio, with the butty Leo.

• Greenie 2

I saw an interesting cruiser moored at the Round House yesterday, built at Stourport in 1965. This is taking part and they mentioned the VALE turning point. I presume that is the one near the University.

Hopefully as many craft as possible turn up !

8 minutes ago, Heartland said:

I saw an interesting cruiser moored at the Round House yesterday, built at Stourport in 1965. This is taking part and they mentioned the VALE turning point. I presume that is the one near the University.

Yes it is the one by the university.

10 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Anybody taking part in the Birmingham Boating Parade today...?

The parade is starting by the Roundhouse and heading out to the Vale winding hole, last I heard they were expecting around 70 boats.

I will be steering the motor, Scorpio, with the butty Leo.

Just spotted you on Facebook...(well Im guessing it was you as I have no idea what you look like)

https://fb.watch/dT32-45MEM/

Edited by PaulJ
  • Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

Just spotted you on Facebook...(well Im guessing it was you as I have no idea what you look like)

https://fb.watch/dT32-45MEM/

Yes that was me.

4 minutes ago, Goliath said:

great stuff 

got any photos you want to share?

What was the purpose of the gathering?

(Does there need to be a purpose? 😃)

I didn't have chance to take any photos, I was on best behaviour as we operate the boats as volunteers for CRT.  There were plenty of cameras about and Cruising the Cut was filming so there should be something from him in a few weeks.

The parade was promoting the canals as part of the commonwealth games being in Birmingham.

18 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Yes that was me.

I didn't have chance to take any photos, I was on best behaviour as we operate the boats as volunteers for CRT.  There were plenty of cameras about and Cruising the Cut was filming so there should be something from him in a few weeks.

The parade was promoting the canals as part of the commonwealth games being in Birmingham.

👍

are there anymore gatherings/parades on the offing ?

I like the BCN, if I’d known it were on I’d have made me way up there and foregone the delights of the Ashby Canal. 😃

5 minutes ago, Goliath said:

👍

I like the BCN, if I’d known it were on I’d have made me way up there and foregone the delights of the Ashby Canal. 😃

I'm not aware of any others at the moment, keep an eye on the BCNS website as they seem to do most of the organising.

• Happy 1

We were in it, many boats back from Scorpio and Leo 🤣. Brilliant day, it was one of those days where I took far fewer pictures than I thought I had. Didn’t check my phone all day either so didn’t spot your post. 

Bit of a bottleneck at Edgbaston Tunnel but most waited patiently and  seemed generally very happy and friendly. 

There were squals of wind with some rain which made for fun with a  slow moving flotilla of 70 boats and most bunting was bedraggled by the end 🤣. In between it was lovely warming sun. 

11 hours ago, Rob-M said:

.  There were plenty of cameras about and Cruising the Cut was filming so there should be something from him in a few weeks.

I hope he wasn’t filming at the link as boats turned ☺️🤣

22 hours ago, Heartland said:

That’s one of Holt Abbots boats

6F474D8D-AA81-4500-9448-ECA53D9E3773.jpeg.2ab25099967874303d7e5d7eee3520c9.jpeg

. She is on the historic boats register. Lovely owners well worth chatting to. 

Much thanks to the organisers

355F0D91-8E89-4435-949E-78319F67E8E7.jpeg.9d28dbed373a8520559d562fe02bd6dd.jpeg

67BB7495-73A8-4E1E-A7AB-2BDAB1953C01.jpeg.e21d68b18bade87323a7fcccba5b5bb1.jpeg

Some lovely boats were there too, some getting home late in the evening 😊

A7B7AC5A-2260-43F2-8B59-D57195419AD9.jpeg

• Greenie 3

12 hours ago, Goliath said:

👍

There will be a parade of historic boats at the Braunston Rally

this morning!

• 2 weeks later...