CaRT survey 2022

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

I have just completed the latest CaRT survey. Unfortunately I could find very few positive comments for them and I expect it will be brushed under the carpet never to be mentioned again.

Does anyone know how many boaters receive these surveys?

1 hour ago, Pie Eater said:

One third of boaters (with licences) get one sent to them every year, so about 10,000 a year.

Unfortunately the boaters satisfaction levels that the surveys have been showing may mean that the questionnaires are to become more 'targetted' towards people happy with C&RT

Edit to add :

C&RTs survey results on boater satisfaction

2017/2018 = 70%

2018/2019 = 61%

2019/2020 = 60%

2020/2021 = 54%

You'd think that C&RT would be starting to get the message that almost half of boaters are not statisfied with their performance.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I've got one this year - having received one in the past; the survey is very focused on one's last interaction with CRT rather than generalised experience over (say) a year.  My responses are very negative this year since the last six months of interactions with them have been uniformly poor - involving unfounded accusation of overstaying, inability to book lock passage in a manner that wasn't dangerous or impossible, inability to purchase a licence with the correct discounts, and inability to purchase a mooring with the advertised conditions that were advertised.  

4 hours ago, Pie Eater said:

I have just completed the latest CaRT survey. Unfortunately I could find very few positive comments for them and I expect it will be brushed under the carpet never to be mentioned again.

I got one my first year.

I'm on year three.

Edited by LadyG

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

One third of boaters (with licences) get one sent to them every year, so about 10,000 a year.

Unfortunately the boaters satisfaction levels that the surveys have been showing may mean that the questionnaires are to become more 'targetted' towards people happy with C&RT

I got one and I have no CRT licence although I am registered,  do make loads of online bookings and have bought the occasional visitors licence if needed.

I have also sent several positive emails when I have come across CRT chaps (esses) who have gone beyond the call of duty and helped me out.

So could be something in your statement..

My response (by email to the market research company)

I’m very sorry but the format of your questionnaire isn’t going to get a meaningful response from me.

Too many questions; most not really relevant.

My feedback is I got a fast response which told me the matter was in hand. No timescales, no indication of what other reports had been received.
As a boater I want the infrastructure to be useable and reliable, routine maintenance needs to be planned to prevent failures from occurring and when failures do unfortunately occur they need to be repaired so that another failure at the same location will not result in an unplanned stoppage. Unfortunately CRT do not always achieve this which results in justified criticism from the boating community.

On 24/06/2022 at 08:30, George and Dragon said:

My response (by email to the market research company)

I’m very sorry but the format of your questionnaire isn’t going to get a meaningful response from me.

Too many questions; most not really relevant.

My feedback is I got a fast response which told me the matter was in hand. No timescales, no indication of what other reports had been received.
As a boater I want the infrastructure to be useable and reliable, routine maintenance needs to be planned to prevent failures from occurring and when failures do unfortunately occur they need to be repaired so that another failure at the same location will not result in an unplanned stoppage. Unfortunately CRT do not always achieve this which results in justified criticism from the boating community.

The survey company is paid to summarise the ‘official survey’ responses, all else is just noise and probably just ‘filed’.

So if you want your views on CRT to count it’s better to use the survey.

35 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

The survey company is paid to summarise the ‘official survey’ responses, all else is just noise and probably just ‘filed’.

So if you want your views on CRT to count it’s better to use the survey.

Maybe, but I cba to wade through several pages of irrelevant questions. 

On 23/06/2022 at 19:01, Midnight said:

No matter what boaters write the results are always positive lots% satisfied

On a scale of 1 - 10 how satisfied where you with C&RT

1 = Negaiive

2 - 10 = Positive

Exactly, they are like a paint manufacturer asking if they answered the phone quickly, packaged the tin properly and delivered it promptly without asking what you think of the actual paint. I've had 1 in 6 years and as it was impossible to use it to express my opinion I ignored it. Ergo, only happy boaters will fill it in. If they really do get a poor response % I think that says a lot. 

Edited by Slow and Steady