Where I am

Heartland

Featured Posts

50 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Was it September and the had A Christmas tree?

It was quiz night I remember. 
And the beer was Lewes?

👍

remembered in the end

knew where it were just got me pubs muddled

The beer in J W Lees, you can usually smell the Brewery at the next lock up. A lot of the local pubs are Lees pubs. Its brown dishwater type stuff, a traditional beer that some people like, but as you know I am a fan of the new fangled hoppy "alcoholic grapefruit juice" type beers. 

And yes, we had a very hard boating day and sat in the corner behind the Christmas eating and drinking with the "ugly sister".There was a quiz and the pub was rammed.

23 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

The chimney at the Stoke Bruerne mill ready for demolition. A gap in the structure is made and shored up by timbers which will be set alight - Fred Dibnah-style. The year is 1914.

There looks to be a cut out in the bricks at the back.

I wonder if they removed a couple of courses of bricks to help it break and fall away from the building behind?

Great photo👍

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Goliath said:

which way you heading?

might catch you if you’re heading to your mooring from there,

I may need a hand reversing 😂

Which’ll tell you where I am again 

We were in the car, boat still on the mooring.  Will be on it until Tuesday evening.

Guessing at Heartland's.  The boat in the foreground looks BCN day boat, so possibly a hotholer at Bilston, or less likely, because the ground falls away from the cut there,   Round Oak.

Is Pluto's the remains of Crescent Wharf?

N

Well as to mine it is on the BCN and in South Staffordshire it was on the opposite bank to a foundry and beside a canal originally authorised in 1794 and near that ungodly place SODOM

As to the unanswered post by Goliath and others, it would nice to have clarification instead of confusion.