Where I am

Heartland

Featured Posts

These images have yet to be uploaded to the RCHS Website

The RCHS Canal Collection is complex as will be seen from previous posts on the forum

So far no body has identified the aqueduct which is one of my photos taken on a RCHS West Midlands Group Visit

Edited by Heartland

15 minutes ago, Heartland said:

The RCHS Canal Collection is complex as will be seen from previous posts on the forum

So far no body has identified the aqueduct which is one of my photos taken on a RCHS West Midlands Group Visit

Milford aqueduct S&W ?

1 hour ago, Heartland said:

You mean the Forton Aqueduct...

One of my favourite canal bloggers..

http://captainahabswaterytales.blogspot.com/2010/06/forton-aqueduct-and-skew-bridge.html?m=1

Edited by matty40s

3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I dont think so, factories dont drop away where the locks should be, and the Coleshill Road bridge would be visible.

Nor do I think so now I’ve noticed that it’s a boat dock on the left. Didn’t pick out there’s a boat out of the water there when I first looked. There is a bridge visible though.

33 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

Nor do I think so now I’ve noticed that it’s a boat dock on the left. Didn’t pick out there’s a boat out of the water there when I first looked. There is a bridge visible though.

That is where the old basin was, to the right of the top lock...but the angle of the bridge is wrong, coleshill road  ridge would be almost over the photographer.

9 minutes ago, matty40s said:

That is where the old basin was, to the right of the top lock...but the angle of the bridge is wrong, coleshill road  ridge would be almost over the photographer.

I had it as looking south at the bridge.

Edited by Captain Pegg

This late 19th century image shows the Great Heath area of Coventry. The road bridge is Priestley’s Bridge No4 taking Stoney Stanton Road over the Coventry Canal. On the left are limekilns which was developed into Webster’s Brickworks.

The boat is ALERT owned by William Boon, road contractor of Coventry and Windmill Hill granite quarries, Nuneaton.

• Greenie 2

18 minutes ago, Chris M Jones said:

This late 19th century image shows the Great Heath area of Coventry. The road bridge is Priestley’s Bridge No4 taking Stoney Stanton Road over the Coventry Canal. On the left are limekilns which was developed into Webster’s Brickworks.

The boat is ALERT owned by William Boon, road contractor of Coventry and Windmill Hill granite quarries, Nuneaton.

Is that now the site where the Mosque is?

• 1 month later...