Skipton Waste Compound.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

33 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Its LadyG filling it up on here perpetual L&L cruising marathon.

I was there 30th May, I recognise that blue cooler container, I think my black bag went in to a Biffa bin!

There should be a small black tyre under that lot, with a nice long bit of blue polyprop if anyone wants a fender.

I'm sure it's just a local issue, not something Parry would need to know about :)

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Barnby Dun always used to be the same as it was readily accessible to the general public.

As far as I can see the general public can still get in, but it was fine at the end of last week. Tidy and almost empty bins.

1 hour ago, jpcdriver said:

As far as I can see the general public can still get in, but it was fine at the end of last week. Tidy and almost empty bins.

I reckon it’s been like that for at least two weeks or more. I spoke to a guy today who had a key for the Elsan and was just finishing emptying two cassette units said it was like that weeks ago when he was there last time.

49 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:
2 hours ago, jpcdriver said:

I reckon it’s been like that for at least two weeks or more. I spoke to a guy today who had a key for the Elsan and was just finishing emptying two cassette units said it was like that weeks ago when he was there last time.

For clarification, I was responding to HN's comment re Barnby Dun, not the Skipton situation, which looks terrible.

We have a Liberal Councillor that serves my ward in Birmingham who claims to have cleaned up the area as part as his election leaflet last May. He did not and we had a storage area for some flats opposite the station  was filled higher than that at Skipton until a fire a couple of Thursdays ago. Needless to say that my local councillor was a person who claimed much but did little. That person still got re-elected which goes to show that words count more than deeds in this case. I wonder if Skipton has the same type of "enterprising" councillors! 

I said Biffa bin, but I can't be sure, there are some local authority bins in this area, for sure it is a CRT compound.

Maybe someone will report it.

Edited by LadyG

The problem at Skipton is that there is a large public carpark over the very small wall. I've often seen those charming romany folk pull up in their immaculately kept Ford transits and help themselves to water from the water point.  I'm assuming other folk may deposit waste there instead. 

Could be all boaters waste I suppose and maybe not emptied for a long time...

Edited by jonathanA
Sp

3 hours ago, jonathanA said:

The problem at Skipton is that there is a large public carpark over the very small wall. I've often seen those charming romany folk pull up in their immaculately kept Ford transits and help themselves to water from the water point.  I'm assuming other folk may deposit waste there instead. 

Could be all boaters waste I suppose and maybe not emptied for a long time...

I was there 30th May, it does not appear to have been emptied since. Three weeks is a long time to leave bins, but it does seem a lot.

Edited by LadyG

19 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Mattresses, that sort of thing? :giggles:

Not guilty!

I've just had my mattress recycled, when my new one was delivered yesterday, it came in a box, and seems to be sort of self inflating!

6 hours ago, RAP said:

Was it delivered to Kildwick?

Yes no problem, ideal location, I've had three deliveries since mooring up. There is no boat traffic and locals seem friendly, unlike scrotes at bus station n in Skipton.