Battery Powered 'Pressure' Washer

pearley

Featured Posts

Anyone used one of these and can recommend a particular model. Spent all day with a water fed brush and scrubbing brush to clean the roof of a widebeam. Thought a pressure washer might make life easier but has to be easy to store.

images.jpeg

The Worx brushless ones are supposed to be good. Unfortunately I had the Worx brushed version and it was junk.

The exact same effect can be had by running a £15 Chinese diaphragm pump on a 12v battery with a reducer in the hose. 

There was a thread in here recently about these devices where some people reported good results. 

Edited by magnetman

I asked a similar question not long ago:

I also discovered that Ryobi do a 40+ bar model but, at the moment, it seems to be out of stock in the EU/UK. I've watched a few Youtube videos where the 24 bar units seem to do a reasonable job, and the 40+ bar units a better job.

Alan might be right with his primitive "finger over the end of the hose" method, but I would rather be pulling a trigger than holding my finger over the end of the hose, and I will be needing something that can pump the water out of the canal.

There are lots of primitive ways to do many of the things that we do, but this is 2022, and there are better ways for many/most.

55 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

all the reviews I've seen for these say "you may as well just put your finger over the end of the hose"

You are obviously very selective over which reviews you read :)

On 20/06/2022 at 17:38, Richard10002 said:

I will be needing something that can pump the water out of the canal.

Putting canal water through a pressure washer is usually a recipe for rapid wear and loss of pressure.  Cut water is full of fine gritty bits and the pump and pistons do not like it at all.  If you need to do this then look for a machine with effective inlet filtration and ceramic pumping elements, (or hire the pressure washer).

N

I have used the Worx model and we fed it from a water container with fresh water, topped up occasionally. It is certainly better than putting your finger over the end of a hosepipe (especially with the water pressure where we are) but will never match the power of a mains one.