*UPDATED 2022* - Retired Gay Guy with 45ft narrow boat seeks male companion for short and longer trips.

huami

Featured Posts

58 minutes ago, Slow and Steady said:

I like women but wouldn't want to be trapped on a boat with one.

The only thing worse than being trapped on a boat with a woman is being trapped on a boat with a man.

And worse still, trapped on a boat with a Jack Russell. At some point on a winter evening, you just know the little hound will be looking at you and thinking:

'If I was four stone heavier, I'd have you sonny.' 

8 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

The only thing worse than being trapped on a boat with a woman is being trapped on a boat with a man.

And worse still, trapped on a boat with a Jack Russell. At some point on a winter evening, you just know the little hound will be looking at you and thinking:

'If I was four stone heavier, I'd have you sonny.' 

Jack Russels are far two small for boating, ya cant see the lightle blighters and trip over them. A proper sized dog was what we always lived aboard with so we knew where they were lol.

18 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Indeed. In my view it is not a proper dog if you have to bend down to stroke it.

I sort of agree with you but there is something special about terriers, a sort of "who are you looking at" attitude 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

This brings back memories. Heres some info for any non armed forces bods. When bulling yer boots do NOT buy Cherry blossom shoe polish as it simply doesnt work, however good you are at the method. Kiwi is best but some other lesser known ones do work. :)

Don’t forget the Johnson’s Clear …

• Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I sort of agree with you but there is something special about terriers, a sort of "who are you looking at" attitude 

We did have a terrier once. Mr smelly was his nickname, a beautiful big Airedale with huge teeth. A proper terrier :D

• Greenie 2

44 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I occasionally come across a lady with two Scotties when walking Sam.

As soon as they see him (or any other dog) they start to bark and make a high pitched yelping sound.

Sam is very submissive to other dogs and lies down until they are level with him (Polar opposite of Zeus).

Yesterday we met them, they started barking and yelping, Sam lay down, but when the terriers (AKA terrorists) got level he got up and gave the loudest, deepest bark I've ever heard. It certainly shut the terriers up and the woman then accused Sam of scaring her dogs... 🤣😂

Edited by cuthound
Grandma
  • Greenie 2
  • Haha 2

• 6 months later...
On 20/06/2022 at 07:31, huami said:

"UPDATED 20th June 2022"
Retired Gay Guy with 45ft narrow boat seeks male companion to help on short and longer trips. Experience is not necessary, just a helping hand at the locks etc. You have your own sleeping quarters on board and there would be all facilities (
Wi-Fi, shower, good food and no costs).

Possibly nice for someone who would like to try Narrowboat life before taking the plunge themselves? Or just as a "No Cost" holiday in these financially tight times?

You don't have to be gay but I would not be able to offer a place onboard for a lady (sorry girlz!). Any ages are welcome so if you are between jobs or semi retired everyone is welcome to enquire.  I have my own bedroom at the very back of the boat and there is adequate space at the front for an extra person with a double sized bed.

I placed this information for the first time back at the beginning of the Covid Pandemic and feel it is now time to update things. I have been cruising now for more than 3 years usually setting off from my home base at Whilton Marina near Northampton in April or May and returning for the winter in September or early October.

I have travelled down to and through London, River Wey, Basingstoke canal, River Lee, Kennet and Avon Canal, Bristol Chanel, Gloucester, Worcester, Birmingham, Manchester, Chester, Llangollen, Ripon, York, Lincoln Derby, etc, etc. etc.

It is possible to cruise single handed but help is always welcome at locks and things like lift and swing bridges. For some time I have been "tagging along" with a family on another boat who do the same and also use Whilton as their home base but I feel it is the time to break free and go along at my own pace.

Contact me if you would like any more details then we can chat on WhatsApp or Skype:

Neil

20200521_171520.jpg

IMG_20220526_115621.jpg

Are you still looking for crew support this summer 2023. i did quite a lot narrow boating on the canals in my youth and really enjoyed it, would love to see it the spark is still there

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...