*UPDATED 2022* - Retired Gay Guy with 45ft narrow boat seeks male companion for short and longer trips.

huami

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

I take the view that anyone who asks "when is heterosexual day?" is likely to be so ignorant, they're not worth bothering with.  Either that or they're just stirring.

If pointed at my good self, I am not ignorant. Nor stirring. I think perhaps you’re having a dabble in the stirring mixer.

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

If pointed at my good self, I am not ignorant. Nor stirring. I think perhaps you’re having a dabble in the stirring mixer.

The golden rivet eh lad ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

I don't think the comment was aimed at anyone in particular, and I'm sure it was tongue-in-cheek anyway.

6 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

"I know it is pride month or some such nonsense" is a pretty poor choice of words.

Let me explain. 

Next month Birmingham is hosting the Commonwealth Games.  If someone wrote "I know it is the Commonwealth Games next month, or some such nonsense", it wouldn't be a problem.  People either like sport or they don't, but those who don't like sport, don't generally go around persecuting athletes and athletes are not an oppressed group.

LGBT+ people have historically been met with extreme oppression and persecution, and a fair bit of that persists to this day.  Pride has been instrumental in tackling that discrimination and is therefore a very important symbol for many LGBT+ people.  Deriding is as "nonsense" is therefore likely to be offensive to some people.

The same would apply to other events or movements which seek to provide equality for all in society; BLM, for example.

LadyG - you may wish to choose your words more carefully in future if you would prefer to avoid causing unintended offence.

Dame Kelly Holmes came out as being Gay yesterday I believe? Well no surprise to me, when I was Sgt Major in Aldershot she was my Cpl PTI I knew she was gay and knew her civilian girlfriend, at that point it was instant discharge, however did it matter? Not in the slightest I was having her posted to further her career and give her a chance in the Olympics (a great success as it happens). The reality is life is hard enough without making it worse for people, we are only here once so we should enjoy it and not judge ourselves or others, we are thankfully all different 

• Greenie 4

Well I may have offended some people, sorry about that.

As a single female, if I was looking to crew with a single male, I would probably prefer a gay male companion, for several reasons.

Main one being that sharing accomodation with a single unknown male could be a bit uncomfortable. Not always, but if you don't know the person, it's a risk.

I would probably be better looked after, catering, washing up etc etc :)

Males can be , a bit too masculine, shaving kit left lying around, less sense of "pride" in the house. Not deliberately, and certainly not every one, but they can be more casual!

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

Well I may have offended some people but presumably not all.

As a single female, if I was looking to crew with a single male, I would probably prefer a gay male companion, for several reasons.

Main one being that sharing accomodation with a single unknown male could be a bit uncomfortable.

And I would probably be better looked after, catering, washing up etc etc :)

Males can be , a bit too masculine, shaving kit left lying around, less sense of "pride" in the house! 

So, not that it matters one iota, but I need to ask, are you male or female LadyG? Your profile might suggest Male.

I’m quite house trained, for a male. Would a gay male cook better clean better and look after someone better then? A bit type casting. Oh., I see what you’re doing now.  Also a person is only unknown immediately prior to the point of meeting.

55 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

So, not that it matters one iota, but I need to ask, are you male or female LadyG? Your profile might suggest Male.

I’m quite house trained, for a male. Would a gay male cook better clean better and look after someone better then? A bit type casting. Oh., I see what you’re doing now.  Also a person is only unknown immediately prior to the point of meeting.

Yes, I have flip flopped my gender status on here, for no particular reason, possibly some real or imagined  comment by  someone on the forum. I cant remember. I identify as honourary bloke on here!

Women may be considered to be second rate in business or in  other fields, though this is nothing like as bad as it was when I first started work. When in local government in the 1980's, not a single woman had been promoted in the department in ten years, but all the men had been upgraded! Believe me I know about discrimination!

Edited by LadyG

25 minutes ago, Feeby100 said:

He only wants a bloody crew mate

gay or not what up with every one leave the bloke alone 

bulling comes to mind 

Are you reading the same thread as everyone else?

I cant really see anything that constitutes 'bullying'.

57 minutes ago, Feeby100 said:

Yes just picking up on the gay think etc 

Again, I dont think anybody indulged in bullying of the OP based on his sexuality, did they?

1 hour ago, Feeby100 said:

Well there you have it blind to it 

everybody expressing their opinion and keeping it very civil including LadyG.

People are allowed to have different views. Hope you dont visit any political thread otherwise you will have a heart attack. :)

ontopic: OP are you looking for love? or a relation that can potentially be romantic? 

On 20/06/2022 at 09:32, Slow and Steady said:

Maybe read is post again. he's looking for a crew, not a date. ;) and being polite enough to put his gay card on the table... maybe to avoid being stuck with someone who can't get past that.

If he's just looking for crew why specify that the crew has to be male?

I'm completely fine with the OP posting the original and then reposting the updated ad. However, would everyone here and mods be ok if I as a straight man posted an ad looking for a female crew? If so then fine, if not then why the double standards?

Also shouldn't this be in "for sale and wanted"?🤣

16 minutes ago, Slow and Steady said:

He doesn't get on with/understand women? I get that to an extent- I like women but wouldn't want to be trapped on a boat with one.

Isn't that why most narrowboats have a steering position and a well deck, 30 or more feet apart?

:D

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Athy said:

As in making things very shiny or talking rubbish?

This brings back memories. Heres some info for any non armed forces bods. When bulling yer boots do NOT buy Cherry blossom shoe polish as it simply doesnt work, however good you are at the method. Kiwi is best but some other lesser known ones do work. :)

• Greenie 2