GU Warwick stoppage

plato

Featured Posts

Stoppage 19th of June Grand union at cape locks Warwick.

Due to top gate of the bottom cape lock lock being lifted from its cup . Crt attended on the 19 th to assess the situation and are sending a team on the 20th to try and try to jack it back in place. If that fails it will be a crane or gantry job , so potentially a much longer stoppage.  
I’m moored outside the Cape of Good Hope pub top lock so will post an update as and when anything happens. Anyone thinking of coming down Hatton locks today may want to wait before descending 

2 minutes ago, Tractor said:

Thanks for the notice and update, this route required next week, hope the repair is good.

Hatton locks, now showing their age. I guess CRT have this work on their ‘critical path’ analysis?

The stoppage wasn't on any of the Hatton locks.

1 hour ago, IanM said:

The stoppage wasn't on any of the Hatton locks.

The stoppage was at cape locks the two below Hatton.

apparently a hire boat had got the bow stuck in the gate on the way up and lifted it out of the cup. It was an easy fix  once I’d lent the crt chap a couple of blocks of wood to chock the jack up. when I came down Hatton seemed in fine fettle. As good if not better than other times I’ve done it. 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Some guys have all the luck... :D

I know , it’s a hard life ….