Ice breaker

Jon57

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, BEngo said:

Looks lovely, provided you don't suffer from motion sickness, but it will need a tanker load of yacht varnish every year to keep it looking good.

N

And another tanker load of Windolene . . .

It's a bit heavy on the 'Henley regatta' look.

We have come across this boat on our travels.

Delightful looking and immaculate, but I wasn't sure how practical.

I agree it seems pricey, but, if nothing else it is certainly unique!

DSCF9433.JPG

IMG_6758.JPG

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

We have come across this boat on our travels.

Delightful looking and immaculate, but I wasn't sure how practical.

I agree it seems pricey, but, if nothing else it is certainly unique!

DSCF9433.JPG

IMG_6758.JPG

Is it just me or is that a bit narrow? 

I know EREBUS is 5ft8 but this one looks more like 4ft?

Screenshot_2022-06-18-22-29-56-470_com.android.chrome.jpg.913d2479da986433576511db172249ad.jpg

Edited by magnetman

1 hour ago, magnetman said:

Is it just me or is that a bit narrow? 

I know EREBUS is 5ft8 but this one looks more like 4ft?

Screenshot_2022-06-18-22-29-56-470_com.android.chrome.jpg.913d2479da986433576511db172249ad.jpg

If you click on the picture, it displays in the proper aspect rstio. At least, thst is what happerns with my phone.

It was a bit of a wrench finding this thread - my wife and I lived on Sara for four years and regretfully sold her 11 months ago for 10 K less than currently advertised. We had an opportunity to purchase a small thatched cottage but soon found more work (and expense!) and realised we wouldn't have the time or finance Sara needed. I can see that she has been blacked in the last 11 months and her cushions re-upholstered. The rope fenders are new too.

The Lister Petter TR2 was new in 2010 and had C. 650 hours on it when we sold her. I believe it was one of the last engines to come out of the Dursley site. She had a fair turn of speed, a little over 8 knots on one memorable occasion with barely 3/4 throttle (that got me into trouble as the crockery fell out the cupboards and went everywhere!). The propellor and shaft were fitted by us in 2017 after major fatigue fractures saw the original finding a new home on the bottom of the Welford arm...

She has a square elm keel that keeps the C of G low and minimises her 'tender' qualities; her previous nick-name was Weeble as she wouldn't roll over. She was a delight to handle and could stop and turn in her own length.

She is a dear little boat and we had a wonderful time on her. I hope whoever ends up with her falls in love as much as we did, you'll always find yourself in conversation wherever you go (How old is it? Is that a steam launch?). If anyone has any questions do feel free to drop me a line. I should point out that we are completely unconnected to her current owners.

Regards,

Robert

DSCF0653.JPG.8fbcdfd306711c9c4a6150c005f214b0.JPG

Edited by Robert B.
  • Greenie 2