Engine Service

Ann D

Featured Posts

Hello

I'm a novice boater despite having had my boat for 2 years (long story!) but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good reliable mobile service that would service my narrowboat engine? I am currently located in Selby Basin in North Yorkshire. Thanks

12 hours ago, Ann D said:

Hello

I'm a novice boater despite having had my boat for 2 years (long story!) but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good reliable mobile service that would service my narrowboat engine? I am currently located in Selby Basin in North Yorkshire. Thanks

River canal rescue 

3 hours ago, Laurie Booth said:

River canal rescue 

You can ask, I understand they service in the off season.  They have a commercial arm for non members, but having at least a basic membership might be a way in.

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

You can ask, I understand they service in the off season.  They have a commercial arm for non members, but having at least a basic membership might be a way in.

They are very good and will teach you how to service your engine

On 19/06/2022 at 12:22, ditchcrawler said:

I have heard that rather depends on who you get come to your boat.

Yes I would agree with that, I had two RCR services and did their course on servicing your own engine and none of them mentioned or changed the small filter in my electric fuel pump.

18 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Yes I would agree with that, I had two RCR services and did their course on servicing your own engine and none of them mentioned or changed the small filter in my electric fuel pump.

So would I.

I had an RCR "on your boat training" service when I first bought the boat, which was excellent, and three years later booked one of their winter services, because I had broken my leg and couldn't get into the engine hole.

On the second service the numpty overtightened the bleed screw on the WASP filter, which cracked the casting, and caused a fuel leak.

Initially RCR denied responsibility, but when I presented them with a photo and a statement from the manufacturer stating that the damage could only have been caused by overtightening they agreed to supply and fit a replacement.