Nanni 250 starter replacement

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

I think they are French marinised Kubotas so I would think similar to Beta but with proper engine feet so probably easier to access.

Much of it by feel at present. Swivelled the alternator down so I could get at the solenoid to confirm diagnosis.

With alternator off looks like you can get a socket on the two retaining bolts but they appear to go through the bell housing and out so about 4 inches long. The heat exchanger overhangs the starter so much of it will be by feel or use of a mirror.

Unfortunately one of the steel supports for the deck boards is in just the right place to stop you getting your head right down.

Edited by pearley

23 minutes ago, pearley said:

Much of it by feel at present. Swivelled to alternator down so I could get at the solenoid to confirm diagnosis.

With alternator off looks like you can get a socket on the two retaining bolts but they appear to go through the bell housing and out so about 4 inches long. The heat exchanger overhangs the starter so much of it will be by feel or use of a mirror.

Unfortunately one of the steel supports for the deck boards is in just the right place to stop you getting your right down.

I feel for you, why, oh why can't starters be made more accessible.

29 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I feel for you, why, oh why can't starters be made more accessible.

I think its like many things. The people who fit from new, have access and know they are never going to have to do an repairs, or ever need access again so dont care how bad to work on it is. Several cars these days just changing a headlamp bulb is a nightmare purely down to dont give a damn design.

18 hours ago, haggis said:

Engine things are Iains responsibility!  He is away driving the trip boat this evening but I'll mention this to him when he comes home

haggis

:offtopic: Sorry, no. Gamebird's got a Vetus M2