How Long..... ?

1st ade

Featured Posts

I think History and Heritage is the right place...

So how many can claim continuous membership of a single organisation for 62 years. For (obvious reasons) anything internet based is out...

Magpie the Elder's post this week

How-Long.jpg.73a7a5e2f23ae9a065d0b3ce4c0eff95.jpg

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

I’ve not even been part of the human race for that long, congrats to Magpie the Elder! ;) 

Me neither - I was born not quite two years later - that's part of the reason I captured it - "$#!t, he 's been a member of the IWA two years longer than he's been my Dad"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1st ade said:

Magpie the Elder is now waterway heritage! We should get him listed ;) 

On a more serious note - most of you know I do a lot of work on waterways, and I have said on occasion that I am standing on the shoulders of a giant - I had a head start compared to many as dad is so knowledgeable. 

20 minutes ago, BuckbyLocks said:

Hearty Congratulations to Magpie the Elder! Very best wishes from Some of the Kingdom Tours Friends.

Ah, you were on those trips with him!

2 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

Ah, you were on those trips with him!

Quite a few, but we also met on lots of other occasions, like RCHS Meetings. Ian will probably remember my daughter finding him food when he arrived back late on board from an expedition to some forgotten waterway site in Germany back in the mid 90s.

• Haha 1

I suppose for Ian, joining the IWA in 1961 must be one of the oldest surviving members of that organisation. Which came first IWA or RCHS ?

i know he was in the RCHS list of members for 1973, but cannot find Mike's name there

members of the RCHS in 1973 included

E.C.R Hadfield, D Joy, D St John Thomas and L W Paget Tomlinson

Edited by Heartland

On 14/06/2022 at 12:31, 1st ade said:

So how many can claim continuous membership of a single organisation for 62 years. For (obvious reasons) anything internet based is out...

Magpie the Elder's post this week

How-Long.jpg.73a7a5e2f23ae9a065d0b3ce4c0eff95.jpg

Did he pay for a life membership 62 years ago. If not he should of done as he would be better off