Mooring above Newark Town Lock

Kendorr

Featured Posts

On Thursday morning around 6-00 am, I'll be leaving Keadby and heading for Cromwell. This journey usually takes me around 8 hr 30 minutes, so I'm hoping to be through Cromwell by about 3-00. I'll have a friend aboard and he'll be getting the train home from Newark, so we'll carry on through Nether Lock and moor up in the town. It would be useful if I could go through Town Lock and moor on the right hand side where there appears to be plenty of space. Can anybody advise me if this area is okay to moor and, if anyone is near, is it particularly busy at the moment?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

36 minutes ago, pearley said:

Perhaps because it's a long way up if you're on a narrowboat?

Not so sure about that. The cabin roof on NC was about the same height as the cabin roof on a narrowboat.

We never struggled to get on and off when moored on the wall at Newark :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

Because I know of at least two boaters who have had bikes and stuff stolen from there.

The answer to that is surely not to leave stuff unsecure on the boat?

That could happen anywhere if you leave stuff just lying around.

On 15/06/2022 at 10:51, Naughty Cal said:

The answer to that is surely not to leave stuff unsecure on the boat?

Who said they were unsecure? They were, in both cases, secured with a bike lock. Any toe-rag worth his salt carries a battery powered angle grinder these days.