Anyone moored at Stanley Ferry?

beepbepp

Featured Posts

It's an excellent stop for boaters. I never used the showers, but I've also never heard anyone complain about them. Does get busy, but there's plenty of mooring space, you just may have to walk a little bit. Also a very safe place to moor - left my boat there last year for 12 days whilst waiting for Ferrybridge flood lock to open.

16 hours ago, beepbepp said:

Hi, 

Does anyone have any experiences they can share about Mooring at Stanley Ferry - the area, amenities, friendliness etc. And if you've been recently - what are the facilities like? I'm thinking about the showers. 

Thanks 

You could try Mark on nb Ellis - I believe he spent some winters there and spoke well of it http://narrowboatellis.blogspot.com/ I know he does not blog at the moment as he is running everything solo but seemed in fine form when we met last week. I am sure he would be happy to give you the low down - do blame me for asking him!

Many years since we moored there but it always felt safe and we never had an issue finding a spot.

Its an interesting place too and on a very occasional basis CRT do workshop tours of where they make a lot of the lockgates.

Im not sure if they have re started after 'you know what'.

But the aqueducts are interesting and have an interesting history too.