Ready for the new mowing regime.

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

I picked up a very second-hand but functional electric strimmer from the bin compound at Norbury Junction today. Perfect for DIY mooring creation. Judging by how the edges are growing already, everyone's going to need one, so I'm ahead of the curve.  :)

MP.

• Greenie 2

53 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

I picked up a very second-hand but functional electric strimmer from the bin compound at Norbury Junction today. Perfect for DIY mooring creation. Judging by how the edges are growing already, everyone's going to need one, so I'm ahead of the curve.  :)

MP.

Just don’t forget to check for canine claymores before you start ;) 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Yes as Treemonkey said on here a while back, everyone considering getting a dog should first spend a season on the strimmers.

• Greenie 1

23 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

And frogs and slugs and other unidentified unpleasantness  :)

15 minutes ago, MtB said:

Yes as Treemonkey said on here a while back, everyone considering getting a dog should first spend a season on the strimmers.

Well remembered  :)

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

And frogs and slugs and other unidentified unpleasantness  :)

Well remembered  :)

Oi!

You're supposed to be poorly.

Hospital, munching grapes, complaining that theres nothing wrong with you etc.

Or is our sympathy misplaced?

😃

• Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Oi!

You're supposed to be poorly.

Hospital, munching grapes, complaining that theres nothing wrong with you etc.

Or is our sympathy misplaced?

😃

Drugs, drugs are good, drugs are very good

• Greenie 1

16 hours ago, MoominPapa said:

MP.

Sorry but I've had a lightweight, corded strimmer on board for years. The only problem is digging it out from the bottom of a locker when needed. Must buy some line for it. Presently it's running on fishing line.

I ran over something yesterday on my totally unnecessary but good fun sit on lawnmower yesterday. My wallet, complete with a number of banknotes and every plastic card I possess. Everything shredded into confetti sized pieces, debit cards ,credit cards,  driving licence, library card, bus pass the lot. Seemingly the money has to be sent to the Bank of England as local banks no longer accept damaged notes from the public. All in all it's going to cost getting on for £40 to replace essential items. Driving licence £20, bus pass £10, cash to BoE by insured mail  . It's not the money it's the hassle. I've got to wait until I get new cards before I can go back to the boat. Fortunately there was a few pounds in cash in the house and I filled the car up earlier in the day.

The smallest recognisable bit I found today was the chip off of one of the bank cards the largest one totally mangled  empty wallet from deep in the grass shoot of the mower. 💥

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1

6 hours ago, Slim said:

I ran over something yesterday on my totally unnecessary but good fun sit on lawnmower yesterday. My wallet, complete with a number of banknotes and every plastic card I possess. Everything shredded into confetti sized pieces, debit cards ,credit cards,  driving licence, library card, bus pass the lot. Seemingly the money has to be sent to the Bank of England as local banks no longer accept damaged notes from the public. All in all it's going to cost getting on for £40 to replace essential items. Driving licence £20, bus pass £10, cash to BoE by insured mail  . It's not the money it's the hassle. I've got to wait until I get new cards before I can go back to the boat. Fortunately there was a few pounds in cash in the house and I filled the car up earlier in the day.

The smallest recognisable bit I found today was the chip off of one of the bank cards the largest one totally mangled  empty wallet from deep in the grass shoot of the mower. 💥

Ouch!

21 hours ago, Slim said:

Look on the bright side. New wallet came through within 24 hours, shame I've got nothing to put in it.🤩

Look on the bright side - you cannot spend anything either! (Even if it is your round)

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, IanD said:

Cat shit bad, fox shit worse... 😞

What about Wild Boar? If it’s anything like pig it can’t be pleasant 🤢

Our spaniel hated fox poo, would avoid it like the plague, where as our airedale would roll in it like it was Chanel no.5

57 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

What about Wild Boar? If it’s anything like pig it can’t be pleasant 🤢

Our spaniel hated fox poo, would avoid it like the plague, where as our airedale would roll in it like it was Chanel no.5

Some dogs do love rolling in fox poo. It's not nice when you run over some with a rotary mower though... 😞