Is this an usual skeg/rudder cup design?

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I would suggest in that case you warn them of what you have got, they may be expecting a standard cup arrangement

Thanks, yes when I made the dry dock booking I emailed them the same photo that I put on here.

Following my OP last week. The boat was dry docked today, which revealed exactly the damage incurred when I went over the hidden underwater obstruction. Thankfully a new assembly was sourced locally, and fitted so we're back cruising again. A special thanks to Joe of The Dry Dock Company in Greenham (Newbury) on the K&A. Knowing I was passing through and anxious to get on my way again, he managed to find me a slot in his busy dry dock schedule, despite being technically fully booked for weeks ahead. He did an excellent repair and at a much better price than the other boatyards and marinas in the area.

Thanks also to everyone here for your valuable input with this thread.

1.JPG.42c31f84614bea0ca687d3b8cf093a88.JPG2.JPG.d692fbdd53be8634eb42c5cd10557d3d.JPG2.JPG.d692fbdd53be8634eb42c5cd10557d3d.JPG

On 10/06/2022 at 10:54, Jen-in-Wellies said:

The old style 2p's were a copper based alloy and so ideal. The newer ones are an iron based alloy and not so suitable. See if your 2p can't be picked up by a magnet to find a copper alloy one. All the current tails design ones are iron based. Only the older Welsh fleur de lys ones are copper. Newer ones are iron.

It's a hanging offence to drill a hole through our monarchs head