What's going on at Nantwich

Featured Posts

Just come through Nantwich and could moor on the embankment at more than one spot what's happened had the enforcement team done it's job,have people learned to read signs and understand what 48hour mooring is,no hire boats either has the world ended with the queen's jubilee!!!

We’ve just been up the Ashby this week and assumed it would be like the Whacky Races, but very quiet indeed.

Guessed everyone had gone to Crick so thought we’d pop down to Napton and go to the Cidery. Since Rugby this morning it got steadily busier until just beyond our marina on the run to Braunston its been like the M25. We found the next winding hole and gave up.

So to answer your OP, they’re either all at Crick or Braunston :D 

The S&W has seen lots of hire boats moving, but all the usual mooring spots are damn near empty. I think this may be something to do with the fact that a tank of diesel and gas cylinder cost me £185 at Norbury junction.

MP.

• Horror 1

We just did the Leicester ring clockwise from Fazeley. Very, very quiet on T&M, Soar and Leicester section until Foxton, then not that busy until the mayhem that is Braunston on a Saturday afternoon! Busy all up the N Oxford and Coventry with lots of boats both moored and moving. So it just depends on where you go.
In better news, filled up with diesel at Fazeley Mill expecting 2 weeks cruising to be wallet emptying, but in fact with our 10% moorer’s discount it was £1.05 base price which seems pretty good by current standards.

16 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

We just did the Leicester ring clockwise from Fazeley. Very, very quiet on T&M, Soar and Leicester section until Foxton, then not that busy until the mayhem that is Braunston on a Saturday afternoon! Busy all up the N Oxford and Coventry with lots of boats both moored and moving. So it just depends on where you go.
In better news, filled up with diesel at Fazeley Mill expecting 2 weeks cruising to be wallet emptying, but in fact with our 10% moorer’s discount it was £1.05 base price which seems pretty good by current standards.

Astounding!

I filled up a few weeks ago at Fenny Compton at £1.00 a litre, posted about it on here and they promptly put it up to £1.30 (for 100% domestic).

Still not a gouging price though and fair play for making a profit. I'd rather they stayed in business and provided the service. When prices fall they HAVE to sell any stock they bought at high prices at a currently competitive rate.....

21 hours ago, MoominPapa said:

The S&W has seen lots of hire boats moving, but all the usual mooring spots are damn near empty. I think this may be something to do with the fact that a tank of diesel and gas cylinder cost me £185 at Norbury junction.

MP.

Surely if you are there then only sensible place to get Diesel is Turners at Wheaton Aston…mind you I wouldn’t buy anything from Norbury on principle! 

9 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Last time I topped up there, Turners was actually more expensive than Norbury Junction (and the last couple of places I'd topped up, both after the war started). Fuel shortages do strange things

On Tuesday, Turners were 129.9 and Norbury were 128. Our main reason for stooping at Norbury was that we needed gas too.

MP.

3 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

On Tuesday, Turners were 129.9 and Norbury were 128. Our main reason for stooping at Norbury was that we needed gas too.

MP.

Turners do gas and are thoroughly nice & helpful….unlike Norbury in my opinion…and let’s not get started on the lack of tuition for their hire boats or indeed attitude of the trip boat skipper…..

• Greenie 1

39 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

MP.

Turners must have gone up 4p since Monday as they were 125.9 

3 minutes ago, rgreg said:

Turners must have gone up 4p since Monday as they were 125.9 

It's also entirely possible I misread the sign as we passed. It wasn't very clear. 

MP.

40 minutes ago, frangar said:

Turners do gas and are thoroughly nice & helpful….unlike Norbury in my opinion…and let’s not get started on the lack of tuition for their hire boats or indeed attitude of the trip boat skipper…..

We couldn't remember if Turner's did gas, and we were desperate. Good to know that they do. 

MP.