Battery Operated Pressure Washer at 24 bar?

Richard10002

Featured Posts

48 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Seems pointless in taking 12v DC and inverting it up to 230v AC, then reducing it back down to 19v DC.

I'm not an electronics expert but surely that is actually easier than increasing 12Vdc to 19Vdc directly without converting to AC on the way.

Is there a way?

5 minutes ago, MtB said:

I'm not an electronics expert but surely that is actually easier than increasing 12Vdc to 19Vdc directly without converting to AC on the way.

Is there a way?

I can but cite my own experiences, that on the boat I plug my Laptop (19v) into the boat 12v system and it works - it don't get much simpler than that.

20220605-154927-1.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I can but cite my own experiences, that on the boat I plug my Laptop (19v) into the boat 12v system and it works - it don't get much simpler than that.

20220605-154927-1.jpg

It will be anything but simple inside that plastic case. 

Unless there have been developments since I was at college, there is probably an oscillator in there to change the 12v to AC, a transformer to step it up to 19Vac, and a rectifier to switch it back to DC.

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I run my  Acer 19v laptop via a 12v cigarette lighter socket 'adapter' with no issues.

Seems pointless in taking 12v DC and inverting it up to 230v AC, then reducing it back down to 19v DC.

There lies madness !!!

Hence my last sentence!!

However, it isnt pointless, and nor is it madness, if it is the only option at the time.

As far as i know, the electricity that reaches our homes enjoys a variety of voltages on its journey. Your logic would suggest that is also pointless and madness, whereas, in reality, it is merely a means to an end.

1 hour ago, MtB said:

It will be anything but simple inside that plastic case. 

Unless there have been developments since I was at college, there is probably an oscillator in there to change the 12v to AC, a transformer to step it up to 19Vac, and a rectifier to switch it back to DC.

Not necessarily.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_converter