Bosley flight fight - clickbait

sirweste

Featured Posts

Evening all, been a while. 

So, due to some life stuff I’ve pretty much had to abandon my boat for several months, but I’m back aboard shortly and keen to get closer to my new home area. 

As such I’ve been told some tales about Bosley. If we get up early ish tomorrow and press on to the lock flight will we just arrive at a massive queue and have wasted our efforts? Or is it actually pretty chilled and you can womble through without much trouble?

cheers

We're heading for Bossley now. My friend who is a vlocky there says there might be a queue but that everyone who arrives in the morning gets through. She recommended not arriving too close to the closing time.

That mirrors our experience at the Marple flight on Tuesday. 

We've just come down the flight. We arrived at the top about 11.00 and by the time we had filled up with water we went straight into the top lock. We worked our way down in just over 2 hours passing a boat coming the other way in every pound until the last 4. We were the last boat down.

All pretty chilled.