Adjustable fender hooks ??

PCSB

Featured Posts

I want to try using fender hooks rather than use the eylets which always seem to be in the wrong place... Ideally I'd like to adjust the length of rope when it is needed, the fender hooks I have, have 1 hole in the leg. Is there an easy way to add in adjustment at all?

I'd thought of some form of slipknot but I'm damned if I can remember how to tie one. Another idea was/is to put another hole in the leg and use that and friction to adjust length. I'd make sure the rope can't escape too so to speak.

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

TIA,

Paul.

Rope through the hole and tie a loose figure of eight knot to hold the fender at the required height. (I just took a turn around the hook behind/above the hole and tied off with a half hitch on the hook, but that is very land lubberly).

• Greenie 1

Thanks all. 

3 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Rope through the hole and tie a loose figure of eight knot to hold the fender at the required height. (I just took a turn around the hook behind/above the hole and tied off with a half hitch on the hook, but that is very land lubberly).

This works well, thanks Tony. 

On 01/06/2022 at 16:02, IanM said:

Bit of wood, two holes drilled in it. 

Just like guy rope adjusters on tents. 

Very similar to what we did, except I made them from strip aluminium. They are clear of the cabin side when in use, and so don't mark the paintwork!