Just about to start painting..

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Nick-Now said:

received_385078410253942.jpeg

So for the top coats, to you do the red and blue first, and the put two parallel strips of masking tape around the panels and paint the white between them? Or do you paint the white first, put a single strip of masking tape where you want the white line to be and paint the red and blue up to it within in the time before the tape becomes hard to remove cleanly?

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

So for the top coats, to you do the red and blue first, and the put two parallel strips of masking tape around the panels and paint the white between them? Or do you paint the white first, put a single strip of masking tape where you want the white line to be and paint the red and blue up to it within in the time before the tape becomes hard to remove cleanly?

I was going to paint the white coach line first but thought the white coach paint would show brush marks. So I'm going to have to mask up over the red n blue.

Just now, Nick-Now said:

I was going to paint the white coach line first but thought the white coach paint would show brush marks. So I'm going to have to mask up over the red n blue.

I think that is the 'proper' way of doing it, but if the gap between your two pieces of masking tape isn't exactly constant, it will look much worse than if you do it the other way round and there is a slight wobble in the tape.

I started out doing it that way but chickened out. I will need ne reading glasses on to match up the lines..

The colour scheme is much brighter than I imagined but not really as bright as in photos.. just the camera lighting. However it's bright now and not miserable as before. Paint went on quite easy as weather wasn't warm and no wind. Its now had 2 coats. Needs flatting down and a thin top coat next. All paint from pdi paints in Stoke 

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some before and after pics getting there even though been laid off with Covid. I have also done the sign writing. Came out pretty good, if I say so myself.

20211228_115625.jpg

20220616_173957.jpg

Edited by Nick-Now

2 hours ago, Nick-Now said:

Boat Transform.jpg

Looking better and better.

Was it the eponymous painter on The Narrowboat That James Built where I first heard the expression, "Good from afar; far from good"?

Your signwriting really looks the biz.