EA on the Upper Thames

Boaty Jo

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Boaty Jo said:

This popped onto my Facebook.

From the piece.....

"It is disappointing to report that we needed to serve over 50 enforcement notices to owners of vessels found on the river, but not yet registered for 2022."

May be of interest.

Partly because the EA gives no discount for early purchase of a new license. Or never did when I was on the river, so I used to delay buying a license until the 'cruising season' started. 

Looks like a proportion of boaters have extended this idea now to not buying one until challenged. 

19 minutes ago, Boaty Jo said:

This popped onto my Facebook.

From the piece.....

"It is disappointing to report that we needed to serve over 50 enforcement notices to owners of vessels found on the river, but not yet registered for 2022."

May be of interest.

Being persona non grata I can't see the piece.

54 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yup - more power to them, The EA can lead they way - it'll be a sad day if the proposed takeover of the EA waterways by C&RT ever happens.

If I haven't given up by then, it will be the day that I do finally quit the waterways .

5 hours ago, Loddon said:

If I haven't given up by then, it will be the day that I do finally quit the waterways .

For years I've been hoping for the opposite, EA to take over admin of the canal system. Then finally, we might find things being done properly.

• Greenie 3

16 hours ago, MtB said:

For years I've been hoping for the opposite, EA to take over admin of the canal system. Then finally, we might find things being done properly.

The same EA whose safety elves jump up and down if someone works the beam lock at Sunbury? The one that's allowed the river Idle to become totally un-navigable? The one that wants evidence of life on Mars before they'll let you through Surfleet sluice? That makes it easier to rob a bank than actually go through Welney Lock? :blink: