Help Identifying This Item Please

JoeC

Featured Posts

I am a new owner to this boat and found this tucked away under a panel where 12 / 240v sockets are. Any idea what it is / could be for?

I've done a Google search for 'RS 621-135 12 volt' but not a lot comes up in relation to this item. I have not had a chance to trace the cable yet so that may have given me the answer without having to post this but this may help others.

Cheers

Joe

Item1.jpg

Item2.jpg

12 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Whatever it is it looks like its overheated previously, probably due to a dodgy connection.

I see no sign of overheating. There is a pen mark indicating a terminal connection.

Buzzer to warn that the ignition is on with engine not running? 

One of my boats needs this setup because the engine stop is manual and the coolant pump is a 12v pump running off the start battery. Fine when engine running but turn it off and forget to turn the key back and you get a flat battery overnight. 

Very good setup in the event of the drive belt breaking as one still has cooling at least for a few hours even if the alternator is lost. 

Edited by magnetman

22 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I see no sign of overheating. There is a pen mark indicating a terminal connection.

You may be correct however this bit looks distorted and there is some brown staining.

And the cable is not fully and properly inserted in the terminal. I would certainly be checking it.

Screenshot_20220524-183429_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220524-184323_Chrome.jpg

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Thanks everyone. The buzzer is towards the front of the boat. I will trace the wiring, tighten me bits up, turn the volume up and see what happens. Wonder if it is to tell me when the battery power is low.

Joe

Water tank level buzzer seems possible.  Maybe to indicate the tank is full rather than empty. 

That would be useful for when filling up the water and doing other things at same time..

Seems quite a technical device with all those dip switches. 

Edited by magnetman

6 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Water tank level buzzer seems possible.  Maybe to indicate the tank is full rather than empty. 

That would be useful for when filling up the water and doing other things at same time..

Seems quite a technical device with all those dip switches. 

It is located in the same area as my water level meter. Will keep that in mind.