outboard engines

davathehut

Featured Posts

hi we have a 27 foot cabin cruiser on the Shropshire union at nantwaitch that we are going to be using to provide free holidays to struggling families we are in need of an outboard engine long shaft if anybody can help our registered charity number is 1018802 

many thanks 

A lack of punctuation makes it a little difficult to workout exactly what you're after.  Are you after a free outboard, advice on what outboard to get or advice on where to get an outboard?

Edit:

Also, how far along this project are you? Commercial insurance, commercial river licence & commercial safety certificate all sorted?

Not wishing to sound harsh but if someone was to donate an outboard, quite feasibility a good few thousand quids worth, I assume they'd want to know the project was taking shape and not just a whim....

Edited by Quattrodave

24 minutes ago, Quattrodave said:

hey quattrodave 

i am looking for any help i can get either an outboard donated or for sale as cheap as possible we have just replaced the canopy and had all gas work redone and electrics re done at the moment until the project is ready for people to use it is on a stranded licence my insurance expires next month so i will be upgrading it  to commercial  insurance and i have spoken with CRT about changing up my license once insurance is done the will change license over the phone but theirs no rush to do that until it is being used 

we still have some minor jobs to finish onboard as well that we will be looking for help with 

our registered charity number is 1018802 

many thanks 

dave 

8th bebington scout group 

I do wonder who pays the fuel cost, it might be difficult for struggling families to fine. OBs are not known for the best fuel consumption and petrol is hard to come by on canals.

Also, electricity use will probably need to be minimized because OBs tend not to charge at a very high rate. Depends on how long he boat will be away from base for  and if you have mains charging at the base.

hi tony 

our boat has solar panels charging the battery's and we have 2 generators on board 

we will be giving each family enough fuel to travel from Nantwitch to Ellesmere port over 2 days then the next family to get a holiday will take it from ellesmere port to Nantwtich over 2 days so it will be travelling back and forth from 2 locations but as a charity we will be raising funds in the coming months for this reason but at the moment we need to concentrate on finding a replacement engine 

our registered charity number is 1018802

many thanks 

Dave 

8th bebington scout group