New 'Lightweight' Diesel outboards announced.

Featured Posts

40 minutes ago, john.k said:

New Volvo Penta outboard of 750hp......for yanks who need more power ,you can get four on the back of a offshore 45 footer.

I stood next to some Mercury 450's a couple of years ago - they were stood with the skeg on the floor and with arms extended I couldn't reach the top of the hood (I'm about 6' so no midget)

Mercury Racing trumps all-comers with its most powerful model yet, a supercharged 450hp outboard

Within months of Yamaha claiming the title of the world’s most powerful mass-market outboard engine courtesy of its 425hp XTO, Mercury has stolen it back again with a new supercharged 450hp version of its 4.6-litre V8 engine.

Not only does the new Mercury 450R offer an extra 25hp over the Yamaha XTO, it’s also 129kg lighter. This impressive power-to-weight ratio should give even better acceleration and handling than the heavier Yamaha, especially on relatively lightweight high performance RIBs and sportsboats.

Looks like they have been knocked of the top of the charts !!